+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2382207;
    and don't laugh....they've made friends here, so we have all girl slumber parties and we clear the living room and dance, giggle, pig out and just act silly. For some reason, my niece and her friends think this is great..
    They always think its great when its not their own mother! My daughter is like that with my friends and my SIL. And I know I was like that with my aunt when I was young. Mom's are NOT cool, aunts and other relatives are.

That's great news you get to have them this summer. I can send mine over as well!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie

OK, really good news this time!

I was, about 48 hours ago, made sound technician for this one-act play competition that a few of my friends were participating in. It's all cool, except that the play was 3 hours ago. I was able to pull some sound effects together really quickly, and choreograph it so that you didn't even realize that said sound effects were coming from a 5-year-old cellular. There were 4 groups competing, and my group won with no centest! They said that ours was the lightest theme, eaisest to follow, and used sound effects more efficiantly then any other group. Funny thing is, none of the other groups had any sound effects. Anyways, I'm happy because I didn't think we'd win, and now we have this really snazzy 100% recycled paper-mache trophy to split between the 7 of us!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2382821;
    I can send mine over as well!
    Bring 'em on! I figure when they get here...I will have 6 kids here plus all their friends (and my son's friends because they think Merissa is hot... )...what's a few more?

Stephanie11, Great news for you! I'm sure that you are the reason your group won!!

katgib13, I'm soooo jealous that you get to have so much fun! Let us know how it goes!

Newf: That is so scary. I'm glad you and your boys are fine and safe!

myrosiedog: Congrats on winning and collecting your lawsuit!! Awesome.

stephanie: Kudos on winning your sound technical contest. That's cool!

katgib: Yay! I'm glad you will be able to see your girls have a super sleep-over. I've never had or been to a a sleep-over. I was a deprived child.

My only good news is that I have one daffodil that bloomed and now one yellow tulip. With several tulips having bulbs. I just love flowers. But I don't have nearly enough of them.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2384028;
    katgib: Yay! I'm glad you will be able to see your girls have a super sleep-over. I've never had or been to a a sleep-over. I was a deprived child.
    Come on over, then! The more the merrier!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

katgib13 - what great memories you are making for your nieces!! That's awesome.

Well, it's a tiny sliver of happiness for me - it's my 3000th post. So, I decided to put it in the good news thread. I love this place

Good news! I had chemo Friday (2 more and I'm done!) and got the results of my heart scan. They do them every 2 or 3 months since heart damage is a possible side effect of herceptin. Anyway, the most recent one was better than my baseline scan before I started over a year ago! Since then I've gotten into a regular routine of weight machines and swimming. So yea! Other good news - surprise sweet 16 party for my daughter next weekend, flying to Chicago for my 50th the weekend after that, and my garden is really shaping up - giving me much pleasure. I'm putting in a fountain today. Wish me luck.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2386982;
    Good news! I had chemo Friday (2 more and I'm done!) and got the results of my heart scan. They do them every 2 or 3 months since heart damage is a possible side effect of herceptin. Anyway, the most recent one was better than my baseline scan before I started over a year ago! Since then I've gotten into a regular routine of weight machines and swimming. So yea! Other good news - surprise sweet 16 party for my daughter next weekend, flying to Chicago for my 50th the weekend after that, and my garden is really shaping up - giving me much pleasure. I'm putting in a fountain today. Wish me luck.

This is great news! Always the best kind to hear.

And how fun with all the birthdays.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My good news is that my family went to an Eagle Scout Court of Honor yesterday. That's the "official" ceremony after a boy earns Eagle rank. The Eagle Scout is a good friend of my son and one of my favorites in the troop. As part of the ceremony, there's a mom's pin (presented to the Eagle's mom), a dad's pin (presented to the Eagle's dad), and a mentor pin that the Eagle can present, if he wishes, to someone who has acted like a mentor to him throughout the process. To my surprise, the Eagle presented the mentor pin to me! I was so surprised and touched. He really is a nice young man.

+ Reply to Thread