+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Share your good news

Roses - that's awesome!!! Enjoy those nine glorious days!!

Lil Bit - AWESOME! Enjoy your lil windfall!!

JLuvs - can't wait for the review

I had a neat thing happen today. I go to tons of conferences and luncheons with my job. So many that I don't even read the agendas before I go. I went to a Women Leading Kentucky conference today and didn't read who the keynote speakers were until I sat down. One was Kate White, the editor of Cosmo, and the other two were fascinating authors. I got to meet all of them, as well as our former governor, Martha Lane Collins. So it was a pretty cool day.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;2377053;
    One was Kate White, the editor of Cosmo,
    That's awesome! She has three (I think) books out and they are very good. Sounds like a fun day for you!

MRD

I got good news yesterday. 3 years ago, I was stopped at a stop sign and got hit in the rear, by an 80 year old man. I got out of my car to see if there was any damage and he fled the scene. We chased him, got the license plate number and drove to the police station. He then was visited by the police and admitted in the police report that he had hit and he had left the scene.
    Well, I had a small injury to my neck and shoulder (mostly from the seat belt. I know they save lives, but in some cases, they also can cause small injuries which is a small price to pay for a saved life, not that this accident was life threatening). I had to have x-rays and physical therapy for a few weeks. My insurance was being a pain in the butt, so my doctor told me to go see a friend of his that is a lawyer. I hesitated as I really detest lawsuits and even though I was not at fault, I didn't think I should sue. However, my medical bills were piling up and were not getting paid.
    I saw the lawyer and we have been going round and round with the insurance companies (yes plural as they filed against the driver of the other car too) now for almost 2 1/2 years. The dr. still is not paid and I have hated every minute I've had to spend dealing with this. I really didn't want to go to court over it (especially as I would have to travel back to Florida for that, but that is what my lawyer was reccomending. I asked him to try one more time to get a settlement before continuing with the court part.
    I finally got a settlement yesterday. I'm not going to see any money (and frankly never expected too. I just wanted the several thousand dollars of med bills paid) and that is exactly what's going to happen. I feel such relief to have this hassle over with and that my doctor is getting paid as quite frankly this is about the ONLY doctor I like that I think deserves what he charged me. He was so good about my care and is just genuinely a nice person, taking time with me and so is his staff, that I really wanted to see them get what was owed (and I didn't want to pay for it as that is why there is car insurance). Anyway, the nightmare is over, but I hate that you have to fight for what is supposed to be yours anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's great, MRD. I'm glad that you're getting those bills paid and you don't have to worry about it any more. It's a shame that it had to take this long and you had to fight so hard for what should have been an easy thing. But I'm glad it all worked out in the end.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2378253;
    That's great, MRD. I'm glad that you're getting those bills paid and you don't have to worry about it any more. It's a shame that it had to take this long and you had to fight so hard for what should have been an easy thing. But I'm glad it all worked out in the end.
    Thanks. I just feel so good that the car is getting paid off on Fri. (our last payment. See Koffe Klatch for THAT nuisance) and that this lawsuit thing is going to be finally over with. I just have to sign the papers (Sign ze pa-pers!)
    and it will be over with. I hate insurance companies and I worked in the industry so, they are just a necessicary evil. And if I think I had it bad, the people that have experienced storm damage, lost homes, businesses, cars, etc., have it SO much worse. Soon it will be 3 years since Hurricane Charley hit near where we live and I still have friends that are fighting with their homeowners insurance over claims from August 2004. It's horrible.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD, glad your wait is practically over. I always hate that claims take sooooooooo long to get paid sometimes. I still work in the ins industry and I am getting to the point of hating it! I realize that it's a necessary evil, but you almost feel like you're robbing people at times.

I just got a phone call with good news!

Let me begin at the beginning....

My brothers three girls always come to stay with me for a week in the summer. Then the two younger ones go home and the 13 year old gets to stay for another two weeks. I really enjoy this time with them because I rarely get to see them. Well, my brother, who is into drugs, worked at a prison and got busted for selling drugs to the prisoners. He isn't very bright. Anyway, he is currently spending 6 months in jail and he said the girls couldn't come stay with me this year because he wanted them at home with their mom (they are divorced) so when he calls (collect) he can talk to them. I was so upset. I would accept a collect call so he could talk to them here. I'm not evil. Anyway, the good news....their mother just called me. She said they can still come. She said Tim could stuff it. So...I get to spend time with my beloved girls!

I just always have such a good time when they are here. Two out of three of my boys are teens and don't always want mom around (it's not cool, I guess)...plus it's nice to have girls in the house for a bit. And I always lose weight when they are here because we bike, walk, and don't laugh....they've made friends here, so we have all girl slumber parties and we clear the living room and dance, giggle, pig out and just act silly. For some reason, my niece and her friends think this is great..

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2382207;
    don't laugh....they've made friends here, so we have all girl slumber parties and we clear the living room and dance, giggle, pig out and just act silly. For some reason, my niece and her friends think this is great..
    It is great! Those times are so much fun, and the memories you'll have are priceless. I know my favorite aunt used to do the same thing for me when I was a young teenager and she is still one of my closest friends and confidantes. You sound like a fabulous aunt and those girls are very lucky!!!

Thank you, RG. They are great girls.

+ Reply to Thread