+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

  1. #4001
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2372364;
    I'm not one to buy lottery tickets usually. But today I bought one, scratched it and won $3. Instead of taking the 3 bucks I bought another ticket. A $3 ticket called "lucky 3's" or something like that. Well, I won $3,333!!!

    Too bad I have so many bills that need to be caught up. But I bet I can think of a couple of things to buy for myself.
    That's GREAT! Even if you pay bills, that's a huge load off your mind that they are paid. I know you are thrilled. I won $150 once and was so excited you'd have thought it was a million!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  2. #4002
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Share your good news

    I wasn't sure where to put this; it's kind of a mixed bag . . .

    I took Oscar to his foster home yesterday but heard this morning that he is settling in The trip was a pain--heavy rain, and the very last item that I heard on my local NPR station before I lost the signal was that there was a funnel cloud in the county south of me. After Greensburg was wiped off the map, I was edgy to begin with ; I sure didn't need to hear that my boys were home alone with a storm bearing down on them. A storm last night knocked out my electricity for about 10 hours. Then this morning, my ex told me that funnel clouds had been sighted 6, 3, and ONE!! mile from my house yesterday I decided that in the end it is good news, since nothing in the area was damaged.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  3. #4003
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271

    Re: Share your good news

    Newf, that is frightening, but I'm glad things in your area are safe.

    Lil Bit, hot diggity, that's a good chunk of change and wonderful news - congratulations!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  4. #4004
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Share your good news

    Wow Newf! I'm glad nothing was damaged and your beloved pets are safe!

  5. #4005
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271

    Re: Share your good news

    Our daughter is a journalism major and needs to take a semester of reporting for a newspaper near her college campus (2,000 miles from us) so she's doing it over the summer. Originally, the timing was such that she wasn't going to be able to come home even for a short visit, but she just called with a change of plans - she's able to get nine days between semesters, so she'll be coming home this Thursday! Woot!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  6. #4006
    FORT Fogey katgib13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,514

    Re: Share your good news

    That's wonderful, Rosekid!

  7. #4007
    RENThead JLuvs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Commuting for Work
    Posts
    6,257

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2371599;
    OH JLUVS!!! Please PM me ALL the details! I've seen it on broadway 3 times and off broadway once (the Benny cast).

    It's such an amazing show - I cry every time!! Have a BLAST!!!
    I most certainly will...if anyone else wants an extensive review and to see a few stage pictures. Not with people...but still cool. Drop me PM as it will be too long winded to put here.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

  8. #4008
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2373650;
    I wasn't sure where to put this; it's kind of a mixed bag . . .

    I took Oscar to his foster home yesterday but heard this morning that he is settling in The trip was a pain--heavy rain, and the very last item that I heard on my local NPR station before I lost the signal was that there was a funnel cloud in the county south of me. After Greensburg was wiped off the map, I was edgy to begin with ; I sure didn't need to hear that my boys were home alone with a storm bearing down on them. A storm last night knocked out my electricity for about 10 hours. Then this morning, my ex told me that funnel clouds had been sighted 6, 3, and ONE!! mile from my house yesterday I decided that in the end it is good news, since nothing in the area was damaged.
    Oh man, Newf, that is scary. Been worried for a few days hearing the news out of Kansas and those twisters. But good to know that you are safe and so are the boys. Do you have a basement or storm cellar?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  9. #4009
    Resident curmudgeon Newfherder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Enchanted by a beautiful Soprano
    Posts
    3,163

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2374008;
    Oh man, Newf, that is scary. Been worried for a few days hearing the news out of Kansas and those twisters. But good to know that you are safe and so are the boys. Do you have a basement or storm cellar?
    I have a basement, but it was kind of a moot point on Saturday since I was more than 100 miles from home. It normally takes some doing to talk the Newfs into going down there--it is too far from their normal routine to be of interest to them, and it is also where I bathe them. I think that if I saw a tornado bearing down, I'd get a huge adrenalin rush and carry the 170-pound beasts down
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

  10. #4010
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Share your good news

    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2374063;
    I have a basement, but it was kind of a moot point on Saturday since I was more than 100 miles from home. It normally takes some doing to talk the Newfs into going down there--it is too far from their normal routine to be of interest to them, and it is also where I bathe them. I think that if I saw a tornado bearing down, I'd get a huge adrenalin rush and carry the 170-pound beasts down
    They'd probably have no problem going down there in a storm. Dogs pick up on weather and on the owner's fears, but you're right, we do get superhuman strength when faced with emergencies.

    I saw a Newfoundland yesterday and thought of you. Gorgeous dog, being walked near the art museum.

    Well good news you have a basement. My grandmother (the only one in my family NOT born in the South) was from Kansas and her sister was named Dorothy. When I was little, they used to talk about growing up on the farm in Kansas and I was CONVINCED that my Aunt Dorothy was the Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. But the confusing part is she acted more like the wicked witch than Dorothy! But even though they moved to Florida when they were little girls, both still had vivid memories of going down in the storm cellar during storms.

    Our good news is that after 3 days of rain, its blue skies, no clouds, but the temps dropped into the 40's last night and barely made it to 70 today. I don't mind 70, but 40 was chilly. I had to actually turn on my heat this morning.
    I'm just happy the gloom is gone.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.