+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Share your good news

11steph--so sorry the MC thing didn't work out (see other troubles thread). The good news...this thread will stop wishing you luck/congratulating you on it now that I've mentioned it. It sounds from other stories that you are much appreciated in your school though, so I know some other good news will be along soon.
    Congrats on the $$ news from everyone...we didn't deduct enough this year, but that's not for this thread! Well, I look at it that we had the $$ in OUR account running up interest all year instead of the IRS holding it. So there, that's some good news!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2354517;
    ----------------

My good news is that I get a wee little income tax refund this year. Just over $100 - it's going towards my property tax increase. .
    for the refund. BOOOO for the increase.

Well, better than nothing and better than paying. We ended up having to pay both state and federal taxes AND car taxes all in the same month and renewal on license plates too. We got hit HARD in April, but the good news is that it is all paid for another year. And hopefully we can remedy the tax thing so that more is taken out of the paycheck, so we don't end up getting caught paying out again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I got my laptop today! The place where i bought it is going out of business, so everything in the place was marked down. So I got a brand new Sony Vaio with 1 GB RAM and stuff, for about $400 less than what it normally is. But now I owe my mom $300, who loaned me it to buy it, since the one I got was the last one. So now I can start saving for a trip to England.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Congrats on your new computer!

Good luck with saving for your trip to England. We were there several years ago and had a blast. We spent several days in London and took side trips to Bath (by train) and Greenwhich (by boat - down the Thames - do that if you get a chance!). Also - ALWAYS have an assortment of British coins with you - most bathroom doors there will not unlock until you put a coin into them. I found this out the hard way - not going into any gory details - let's just say that I will not be eating airplane food on my next trip and I WILL be taking a handful of British coins, so that when I arrive, I don't have to beg for change in case of a horrible gastro-emergency! That's probably TMI - but we have traveled quite a bit and if you'd like to PM us, feel free.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Yay, finally had time to reformat my computer so it works like a brand new one again! Now all I have to do is install all my programs, and I'll be a happy camper.
    Also, bought some new software, dvd burner, etc. at Fry's-- a value of $130 and with their specials and rebates, I'll only pay $30! Whee!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

superbrat and queenb: congrats on your new and improved computers!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

For the very first time in 2 years, I am NOT pregnant and I feel so absolutely wonderful...like I am finally returning back to my true non hormonal self!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Well then, Congrats on your non-pregnancy status!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2360950;
    Well then, Congrats on your non-pregnancy status!!
    Thank you, misskitty!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Yes, congrats on the non-pregnancy! I personally missed it when I stopped having children.

My good news is that I finally found my tv remote and my cell phone. They've been missing a while and I was getting good exercise getting up to change the channel and to turn the volume up and down. The cell phone was bothersome because my sons live in 3 different states and they worry when they don't hear from me. I told them I'm old enough not to have to call them all the time.

+ Reply to Thread