+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

One of my cabin pictures from this weekend. Most of the differences are on the inside now, but the porch is new
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

What a nice PEACEFUL looking place.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2348406;
    What a nice PEACEFUL looking place.
    It was very peaceful after the open house was over. Lots of fun and packed for the open house though. I might post some pictures after I check with the people in them as the inside is gorgeous.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2347792;
    11Stephanie: Congrats to you also for doing so well in understanding the prep work for your thesis and helping out a friend. What do you think you may actually want to persue in college? Any ideas?

I was thinking graphic or interior design, but then my mom said that I was going to study graphic design whether I wanted to or not. And suddenly, I'm not interested in either, at all. But that's for the troubles thread.

Other thesis-related news--I turned in a first draft of my completed thesis today, and my teacher skimmed it over and loved it! And not to gloat, but I was reading other people's theses too, and mine was the best. I don't know.

And for my other good news: my school gets a lot of visitors, mostly teachers who want their school to be like mine is (very respected, in the 6 graduating classes we've had there's been an average 97% graduation rate, a 93% college attendence rate, and 10 people have gotten into Ivy League and Seven Sisters colleges.) We had a bunch of visitors today, and I was supposed to speak to them, along with a 7th grader and a 12th grader. The 7th grader bailed, so they got her a replacment--another 12th grader. So I was the youngest by 3 years. I just went up, talked to the teachers, and told them about the school, and, at the end, theysaid that I had left the biggest impression out of all 3 of us! I think it was my diplomatic answers to everything.."Well, it depends who you ask, but, from what I've seen..."
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by 11stephanie
    ..I was thinking graphic or interior design, but then my mom said that I was going to study graphic design whether I wanted to or not. And suddenly, I'm not interested in either, at all. But that's for the troubles thread.
    How come your interest has changed? Did you find something else you think you like better? Should I go to the troubles thread?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What does campari taste like?

To stay on topic, the good news (I guess) is I love the metal roof on the cabin.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I Is Stephanie

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2349632;
    How come your interest has changed? Did you find something else you think you like better? Should I go to the troubles thread?
    Not totally sure, but I think it's because I'm being told that I don't have a choice anymore...I have no clue now. I'm gonna hope that something comes to me in the next 2 years...and don't bother going to the troubles thread I'm trying to stay out of there, I think I overdid it a while ago with my pessimism.

And for the good news (to keep thread somewhat on track...)...
    Well, maybe it's not good, but a while ago I applied for an EmCee position for my school's open mic night, and tonight I find out if I got it!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Good luck, 11sstephanie! I hope you get the EmCee position. That's something I'd never want to do. I give you a lot of credit for even wanting to do it.

cricketeen - compari is a bitter Italian liquor - ruby red. Usually drunk with soda and an orange slice, but one day having neither, I tried it with grapefruit juice and loved it. Good news - I got hit hard in the leg by a softball at my daughter's game and it isn't even bruising up! I was expecting a big one.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2350802;
    cricketeen - compari is a bitter Italian liquor - ruby red. Usually drunk with soda and an orange slice, but one day having neither, I tried it with grapefruit juice and loved it. Good news - I got hit hard in the leg by a softball at my daughter's game and it isn't even bruising up! I was expecting a big one.
    I had to read your post twice. Good news: I got hit in the leg by a softball.
    I was thinking, why is that good?
    But now I get it. I'm really slow this morning. I was up half the night and now am a fuzzy brained, coffee fueled mess.

Glad you are not bruising. I bruise so easily and always have. I sport bruises constantly. I tell my husband that he had better stay on my good side as I can say he caused them all. (however, its me or the dogs that cause them. I'm a klutz which isn't good if you bruise easily)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread