+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree818Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Re: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2330466;
    Yea! Hope you have a great time together. Will this be your first time seeing the cabin?
    This will be my third time...but the first time I have seen it finished. The first time I saw it looked like this:

I didn't stay in that time...as it was far too cold.

The second time it looked like this:

That is me in the top window I stayed there...twas nice and chilly with no windows or insulation.

The last time I was there it looked like this:

That was for Thanksgiving. About 15 of us stay there...but the power lines still weren't in and the rooms weren't totally done. No patio yet either.

So I can't wait to see what it looks like now. Plus, it will be nice to not have the generator anymore or 5 mins showers so the hot water doesn't run out
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Nice! Take more pictures and report back when you've returned.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

my husband got a gift certificate for his birthday from some friends from Walmart. We went yesterday and bought a small kettle grill and a rice cooker and some tool type stuff he really wanted (he wanted the grill badly, I wanted the rice cooker-but he really likes rice and we hardly have it because I cannot make rice well at all for some odd reason)
    Today, he's had to work, so I put the grill together for him (he was amazed as he is convinced I am the biggest klutz there is. I am, but I'm not helpless! )
    I also scrubbed the kitchen from top to bottom and our bathroom as well. Even took down the shower curtain and washed it in the washer. Washed my sneaks and bedroom slippers and put out to dry.
    I made cookies, marinated meat for the grill tonight, have field peas simmering and have just started rice in the new cooker. I have cornbread yet to make.
    The house has been open all day and it smells fresh, plus it has good cooking smells going on as well.

I haven't been this busy in ages. And my shoulder is throbbing. I guess when the dr. says: "you can use it cautiously" it doesn't mean scrubbing all the cabinet doors, oven, coffee pot, shower, etc. And putting together a grill.
    But it just feels so good to have everything clean.

Windows, screens, blinds and curtains are on my list for this week.
    And vaccuming the ashes out of the fireplace now that we don't have to use it.

I am in the SPRING mode. I also want to rake and weed and transplant this grassy border stuff that needs to be thinned out in some areas of my yard.

Where did all this motivation come from? I wish I knew so next time I needed some, I could find the source.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I did an art commission of a drawing of BatWoman for a friend of mine online. He's eventually going to take the file i sent him, and take it to a friend of his who owns a print shop, and have it printed on an oversized canvas, and hang it in his office at work.

The thing is, I feel like he GREATLY over paid me lol. Oh well, he started me off well on my journey of saving up for a laptop!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD

That's great SuperBrat. Congratulations
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Jluvs: What a gorgeous cabin!

Superbrat: Wow, getting private commissions! Very cool! And you're worth every penny!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I just got finished go over some spreadsheets for work. I did them this weekend only to find I put some formulas in incorrectly. I just emailed them to my boss, and hopefully won't have to spend too much more time with them. It wouldn't have taken me so long to do had I stopped logging into FORT every so oftern.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2334087;
    It wouldn't have taken me so long to do had I stopped logging into FORT every so oftern.
    Damn that work getting in the way of FORT time.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

I get mad when IT takes away are computer connection at work or when my boss wants to come visit. I quickly go to google and pretend to be searching for something work-related.

I did my theoretical test for my driver's license today. I passed with flying colours, 63 correct out of 65 questions! (you needed 52 to pass)

I called my driving school before to tell them about my success, the receptionist was extremely impressed with my result (therefore I feel like I can brag) and the man who administered the test also sounded impressed when he saw my score.

So I'm happy and proud

+ Reply to Thread