+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

DesertRose: Congratulations! What a great accomplishment.

misskitty: Yay! Fingers crossed for you!

Newfherder: That sounds fun. Good for you!

Sounds fun Newf! Have a great time.

Newf: Congrats! That sounds like 3 days of work but a lot of fun and slobbery newfie kisses! Great chance to see old friends too! Have a super time!

------
    My good news is my sweetie is coming up on Thursday evening. First time I'll see him since his father passed. I have a big hug with his name on it. He's already requested to visit Uncle Ed's Ukrainian Restaurant Emporium Extraordinnaire! More pyrogys and beer! Gracie is waiting to purr on his lap and Mr. Tootles wants to leave some fur on his clothes.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2294201;
    I'll be with the Newfs (I found out today that 9 are entered) and whatever lesser breeds are using that ring.
    Aw, shucks, I'm sorry to read that you won't be around any of the Pomeranians in that show, Newf, but I trust you'll have a blast, anyway!!! Please keep us posted and if you can get any pictures I'd love to see 'em!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2296818;
    Aw, shucks, I'm sorry to read that you won't be around any of the Pomeranians in that show, Newf, but I trust you'll have a blast, anyway!!! Please keep us posted and if you can get any pictures I'd love to see 'em!!
    Do you know anyone who shows their Poms?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2296801;
    Newf: Congrats! That sounds like 3 days of work but a lot of fun and slobbery newfie kisses! Great chance to see old friends too! Have a super time!
    I should have been clearer--I'm only volunteering for one day, and I may have over-played the role. Every time the show-giving club gets a new victim volunteer as Chief Ring Steward, I submit a new resume--here is my latest:

QUALIFICATIONS:
    * I know my numbers without having to count on my fingers and toes.
    * I know how to make check marks with a wide variety of writing implements, including pencils, pens, and crayons.
    * I own my own pencils, pens, and crayons.
    * Hutch KC has a Sunflower badge with my name on it (or at least they did last year) and it would be a shame to use it only once.
    * I like dogs, even the lesser, non-Newf ones.

Stewarding gives me a ring-side seat for the day's judging, and the only stress is when a breed with a big entry is due--last year there were something like 47 Shelties (don't call them "pocket collies" unless you have a death wish) immediately after lunch, so it was pretty hectic for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Poms aren't even in the same building--take from that what you will Actually, one of the great things about our local show is that there is a ton of room so that the herding and working breeds are in a separate building from the other groups--we have much larger rings for the big guys.

Stupid me--I hadn't even thought about bringing a camera
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I Is Stephanie
    Well, clearly, you're the most qualifyed person there is! Pencils, Pens, AND crayons? I don't know if anyone can compete wth that!

Sounds like a ton of fun!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Newf: I'm trying to picture you with a sunflower badge!

Attachment 19748

Remove Golden, insert Newf.
    Last edited by misskitty; 04-06-2007 at 01:54 PM.

I finally received my annual feedback review (three months past submission due date) from the person I primarily support, and I achieved a Significantly Exceeded review in each of the three sections, People, Quality and Growth. Who hoo! That means another year that I don't have to fear being fired. I (and Mr. Rattus and the bank) am very happy.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

That's wonderful Rattus! Significantly Exceeded three times over! Quite the coup.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread