+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congratulations, Maveno. You should be very proud of yourself.

And so should Zaaam (Mav's partner, for those who don't know) -- I used to be in a relationship with someone who went through addiction rehab, and I know it's not easy watching someone you love struggle through that, and adapting your own life to it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Congratulations to you!
    Congratulations to you!
    Congratulations, dear Maveno,
    Congratulations to you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Thank you everyone. Very much. I appreciate all of the support and most definately won't let anyone down.
    I didn't realize how great I'd feel after posting that. With all of the great people here, I guess I should have known.

An analogy to best fit how I felt after opening up to everyone on here. It's liking changing your bed to your favorite sheets and it's a cold night. Nothing in the world can compare to the one particular feeling of comfort...

Thank you.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Congrats Maveno!! Very awesome to hear.

And Pom, congrats on 20 years!!

MRD
    My congrats to you as well Pom. That's awesome.

My mother was an alcoholic when I was a teen and those were some tough years for me, but she kicked it herself after I went off to college and stayed sober for the rest of her life. I know it wasn't easy for her or for any of you.

Kudos for doing it and kudos for sharing the story. That can be just as hard I would imagine to share something like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2216145;
    Congrats JD! I thought for sure his name would be Kid, or something with the initials KR Kidding. Much congratulations - enjoy every sweet baby coo!!!

The first thing I bought him was a Kid Rock onesie. (Yep, they really have those.)

You guys are too much.

Congrats, Maveno!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2226514;
    Um, can I have a cake, too, misskitty? I haven't done anything worthy. I just really like cake! (The last FoRT cake I got was for my birthday--Unk "made" a Superman cake!)
    I really like cake too. There's cake for everyone, Lois, so just reach into your screen and have a napkin handy. The icing is messy on keyboards!

Zaaam: How wonderful for you to support Maveno throughout this difficult transition! I couldn't imagine having to try it alone.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Congratulations to you, Maveno! And, now, the real fun part of your life can start--and as a bonus, you'll even get to remember most of it!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, my news isn't as stupendous as Maveno's, but our intra-state move went smoothly. Nothing broken or lost and we are getting settled slowly but surely. Internet and cable are up (a huge deal in our home ) and I'm trying to catch up on all the FORT goings on that I missed over the last week and a half.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread