+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Well done, rtky. Happy anniversary rosekid.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2222384;
    I've been approved for health insurance! Praise God! ...
    Good for you! That must be a huge relief!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2222420;
    Good for you! That must be a huge relief!
    I'm so happy I could cry. Now I don't have to try and stretch out my 30 day prescriptions by missing doses. I know that's a really dumb thing to do, but I'm broke and I hate having to ask my parents to help pay for my meds.

Congrats, rt1ky! What a relief for you!

roseskid, have a wonderful time on your anniversary trip!

So I went to the interview on Tuesday. I have no idea how it went, it was mostly them talking and telling about their clinic and what they do and then asked me what I liked to do (within the work field of course). It took two hours to get there so it will be long days if I get the job. The one thing that could have gone bad, was that I was too nervous to try and speak Danish. They did understand but not all Danes do that. So I don't know anything, I will hear from them next week. I think they had about 10 interviewees and two openings.

some other news (on the less serious side). We were playing Texas hold'em on Tuesday and I lined up my very first straight flush (9-K in diamonds). That felt very cool, and the guys were impressed since it was the first straight flush in our games.

MRD
    We got SNOW!!!!!! Actually quite a bit of it! I've been up since 5 frolicking and taking pictures! We are actually supposed to get 2-4 inches. The tv showed downtown and they have a LOT more than we have. My yard is patchy, but the car is covered. Bogie bounded out like nothing was different. Rosie walked all around the carport and patio trying to find a place to step off into the yard and wouldn't. I think she remembers the trip we took her on to Vermont before Bogie was born. She hated the snow. She's now curled up on the heating pad (The Queen). Meanwhile, Bogie and I have been out playing ball in the snow. He loves it!
    I feel like a kid! This is so exciting. I've never lived where it actually SNOWED!!!!!

ETA: I got my daughter up to see it and I got "The Mona Look" from her as she looked out the door, growled at me and went back to bed. But it was 5:30 a.m. at that time too.

Still, I am excited! except we are out of coffee and I'm NOT driving in this to get more. I will have to switch to tea.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2223289;
    except we are out of coffee and I'm NOT driving in this to get more. I will have to switch to tea.
    What?! The moment you heard snow was in the forecast you didn't rush to the store for eggs, milk, bread, toilet paper, water, and coffee?

Glad you finally got some snow. We have rain in our forecast today.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

YEA myrosiedog! Glad that you finally got some snow - ENJOY!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD
    We had been to the store, but forgot coffee. Hubby couldn't make it up the hill about 4 miles from here so had to turn around and come back, but he stopped and got coffee on the way home. We actually got quite a bit of snow. I am surprised. He improvised a sled and we've been out sledding down the hill in the backyard. Yes, the 2 adults. The teenager won't get out of bed.

Bogie has discovered the joys of snow and has played in it relentlessly. He likes us to kick it and he jumps trying to catch it in his mouth. I must have kicked snow for him for half an hour and then I noticed blood and hes ripped one of his hind foot toenails doing this jumping stuff and still I couldn't get him to come inside and he keeps running to the door wanting to go back out.
    He had a blast. I'll have to post pictures later. Rosie got her sweater on and actually went out and cavorted a bit. We were surprised as she hated it in Vermont. But this time she had Bogie to play with, so I guess that was more fun. I swear I feel like a 6 year old this morning! I know the neighbors were probably all laughing at me and my husband and dogs out playing in the snow and sledding.

Now we are getting freezing rain, but the entire neighborhood is white now and when it was falling it was so pretty and quiet. I've taken tons of pictures.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Sounds like you all had a blast! Good for you!! We got a little snow, but I'm not nearly as thrilled as you are. Our kids only got a 2 our delay from their school schedule. It's supposed to snow more tonight. I was at the grocery store this morning at 8 a.m., just to beat the crowd. I'm set for the weekend!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread