+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree674Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congratulations, JD! That's wonderful news. I'll be looking forward to pictures.

My good news - As some of you know, my family is very heavily involved in Boy Scouts. I found out last night that I'm being awarded the Silver Beaver, which is a very prestigious award in Boy Scouts of America. I'm thrilled and honored and very excited. It's being presented to me (along with about three others in South Jersey) at a dinner on March 8th. I know is means absolutely nothing outside of Scouting, but it's a really big deal in BSA world.

Congrats ScoutMom!

Congrats to both J.D. and Scoutmom! Such great news for both of you!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Congrats to J.D. and Scoutmom.

I got a check in the mail for $30. Woohoo! It's the easiest money I've ever made, too. The university I work for has a program where you can go online once a month and fill out a survey detailing the physical activities you did that month. It's everyday things like dusting, vacuuming, taking the stairs, and walking to the mailbox. Things like that. Anyway, you earn points for everything you do and if you earn enough in a month, you get a monetary incentive. I love getting checks in the mail for doing the things I do anyway.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Congrats, ScoutMom.

J.D. Congrats on your new grandbabyBOY! Aren't you too young to be a grandma though?

femmefatale: Hooray for your 4th Anniversary! I hope you had a memorable celebration!

Scoutmom: WOW! That is a big award!! So happy for you to get the recognition you deserve!!

Stargazer: Gee $30 for answering a survey? Where do I sign up? That would come in mighty handy!

myrosiedog: Still waiting on that spaghetti you were going to send.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2216192;
    Congratulations, JD! That's wonderful news. I'll be looking forward to pictures.

My good news - As some of you know, my family is very heavily involved in Boy Scouts. I found out last night that I'm being awarded the Silver Beaver, which is a very prestigious award in Boy Scouts of America. I'm thrilled and honored and very excited. It's being presented to me (along with about three others in South Jersey) at a dinner on March 8th. I know is means absolutely nothing outside of Scouting, but it's a really big deal in BSA world.
    Congrats ScoutMom. I was in BSA for years and know what an honor it is.

What ScoutMom didn't tell us is that she was voted for this award by the other adult volunteers in her council. So this is a very big deal.

So much good news today! Congrats to all of you!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    ScoutMom, Good For You!!! There's not many things better than being given a prestigious award from your peers.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

More good news!

I got an interview on Tuesday for the job I want!

Wish me luck!

+ Reply to Thread