+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree818Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2208741;
    MRD - YEA!! I'm so excited that you got icicles!

We just got home - the drive was rainy, but the temps stayed in the upper 30's, so no icy roads or bridges.

Now, the BEST news - since we're home, we can go to our FAVORITE Mexican restaurant tonight, where the margaritas are the best, not to mention the fried plantains . . . yummy!
    Glad you made it home safe. Dinner sounds wonderful. Hubby made fried plantains for us one night last week. They are yummy.

My good news besides icicles is that I get to go scrapbooking tomorrow night. I haven't really been since I moved and I've missed it. Our church has a group and I got invited to join and we are each bringing a dish to share for dinner and a night of fun. And the best part? It's FREE!!!!
    And my daughter is going on a church youth trip this weekend, so hubby gets to do whatever it is he wants to do tomorrow night (most likely sit home and watch tv-what HE wants to watch, Clint Eastwood, Godfather, Starwars, take your pick) and then on Sat. night he and I are having an actual date. We aren't going out to eat, but since we will have a rare night alone, we are going to make a nice dinner here and then go downtown and walk around under all the twinkling lights, maybe use my Starbucks gift card I got and have time together for a change. ALONE. ALONE. ALONE.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I Is Stephanie
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2208650;
    OK, I have to ask...you actually found some learning going on in BB to compare your learning experience to? Inquiring minds want to know!
    Oh, Gawd, no, do not worry! There is absolutely NOTHING educational about BB or ANY reality TV show, 'cept for the stuff on the Discovery Channel.

The trick is to make the teachers think that it's educational... it's beautiful, cause my teacher is 23, and she's never sen BB in her life, which, as horrible and mortifying as it is, works to my advantage, because by the time she sees it, it will be too late for her to do anything!

"In the reality TV show Big Brother, there are 5 basic ideas that are not only ideas found in reality TV, but also, in daily life at my school. While reality TV is trashy, they actually all lend themselves very conviently to succeeding at life. They are:
    Getting a full and deep understanding of the situation
    Discovering your strengths
    Discovering your weaknesses
    Helping others with their strengths and weaknesses, and
    never letting your eye off of the grand prize (in my case, Graduation.)"

Now I stretch it to be 30 minutes long, add a couple shirtless Will Kirby photos (for effect...), and I can't possibly go wrong!

Yep, my school is contructed on the "BS" principal, and the "BS" principal alone.

And MRD, I'm not one to complain, or burst people's bubbles, but the white stuff is actually A LOT colder than it looks... and it's really icy. Rarely soft and fluffy like the stuff at Mall displays. But you'll see that on your own someday.

Other good news: We had an ice storm here a couple days ago, and I was able to take some really cool photos, which I will post here as soon as I am able to figure out how to upload them to the computer!
    Last edited by 11sstephanie; 01-18-2007 at 07:20 PM.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

Quote Originally Posted by 11sstephanie;2208782;
    In the reality TV show Big Brother, there are 5 basic ideas that are not only ideas found in reality TV, but also, in daily life at my school. While reality TV is trashy, they actually all lend themselves very conviently to succeeding at life. They are:
    Getting a full and deep understanding of the situation
    Discovering your strengths
    Discovering your weaknesses
    Helping others with their strengths and weaknesses, and
    never letting your eye off of the grand prize (in my case, Graduation.)"
    Maybe you should add a sixth basic idea...dishonesty.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I Is Stephanie
    I actually seriously considered adding that... but then I realized that I wouldn't have time to show the final part of the 3-part HoH where Boogie is showered with confetti, becuase he's 1 step closer to the grand prize (schneaky, huh?)...It makes me sad. But I think I'll live.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

I'm stepping out of the dark shadows and into the sunshine again. And it feels good.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2210092;
    I'm stepping out of the dark shadows and into the sunshine again. And it feels good.
    Glad to see you back misskitty

If the dark shadows peek around...we'll be here for you!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

misskitty. I'm starting to come out of an anxiety state I had worked myself into for a couple of weeks. Funny how you can convince yourself the sky is falling.
    Count your blessings!

Welcome back to the light, misskitty! And glad you're feeling better also, Gutmutter. It's amazing to me how strong our minds are.

I'm a single mom - 3 teens with 2 in college, a drafty old farmhouse and the wind is cranking right now which makes me cringe. All it would take is a branch through the roof to make me a little crazy. On the other hand, I have my health (!), a pantry full of food, a car that runs well, a family who could bail me out if I got in serious financial trouble, and 3 incredibly bright, healthy kids. It's like life is a palette full of paint. What picture do you want to create?
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    That was beautifully put, Gutmutter.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread