+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Share your good news

As someone from northern Ohio, I can attest that it is the same way there.
    I don't know why that is; you'd think people would be used to it, but there they are, 5 deep at the deli.
    And driving! The first snow of the season puts you on your toes, not from the snow, but from drivers who have forgotten that their cars handle differently in snow.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

[FA edit] We are having extreme cold and since I live in a drafty old farmhouse, I'm feeling pretty grouch about it. Good news? My cancer support group is going out to dinner tonight and it is a fun group of folks.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-18-2007 at 02:52 PM. Reason: removed response already posted in another thread
    Count your blessings!

We have a better way than that for coffee with no electric. We have a Coleman coffee maker that goes on a Coleman stove. We're NEVER without coffee - it doesn't matter was the problem is. We have our priorities in order.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2207514;
    We have a better way than that for coffee with no electric. We have a Coleman coffee maker that goes on a Coleman stove. We're NEVER without coffee - it doesn't matter was the problem is. We have our priorities in order.
    Well you can bet I'll be getting mine in order for the next one.

Dumb us sold our generator before moving to SC thinking we wouldn't need it. Should have kept it. It got us through several hurricanes in Florida.

I know I'm probably over reacting but honestly EVERYONE that hears we are from Florida has to tell us horror stories about last years ice storm.
    It's like the first time pregnant woman that everyone tells those 48 hour labor stories too.

Now here's the really dumb part and you all can go ahead and laugh at me. It's supposed to start snowing around 3 am, but by daylight turn to sleet. So I set my alarm clock so I can get up and see the snow before it becomes sleet. Yeah, I'm definetly a Floridian, excited enough to get up in the middle of the night to see snow.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2207606;
    Well you can bet I'll be getting mine in order for the next one.

Dumb us sold our generator before moving to SC thinking we wouldn't need it. Should have kept it. It got us through several hurricanes in Florida.

I know I'm probably over reacting but honestly EVERYONE that hears we are from Florida has to tell us horror stories about last years ice storm.
    It's like the first time pregnant woman that everyone tells those 48 hour labor stories too.

Now here's the really dumb part and you all can go ahead and laugh at me. It's supposed to start snowing around 3 am, but by daylight turn to sleet. So I set my alarm clock so I can get up and see the snow before it becomes sleet. Yeah, I'm definetly a Floridian, excited enough to get up in the middle of the night to see snow.
    Actually if you don't need to be one of those people out there getting rid of the stuff, it can be quite enjoyable to watch. Are you going to run outside in your slippers too?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2207611;
    Actually if you don't need to be one of those people out there getting rid of the stuff, it can be quite enjoyable to watch. Are you going to run outside in your slippers too?
    But of course. My fuzzy slippers hardly leave my feet these days.

I have my camera ready too. My daughter is also getting up. My husband said he's seen his share and not to wake him up.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2207606;
    Oh, that's not dumb at all, MRD - I would be doing the same thing! I LOVE SNOW!! Having grown up in Texas, I don't get to see snow all that often, and when I do, I am like a little kid!

In fact, I can be pitiful when it comes to snow. We just bought a house down on the coast, but we still have our house up near Dallas . . . . we're not putting that one on the market until late March, as my daughter graduates from high school this year and we need a place to stay until then! BUT - here's the really pitiful part - we came down to our house south of Houston last weekend, and then they got all the ice up in Dallas, and we haven't been able to get home because the roads between here and there were too icy. My daughter (who is 17 and didn't come down with us) called yesterday morning to say that she woke up to about an inch of snow - and I almost started to cry because I wasn't there to see it! Now how pitiful is that!

Anyway - I hope you got to see snow last night/this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey;2208343;
    Oh, that's not dumb at all, MRD - I would be doing the same thing! I LOVE SNOW!! Having grown up in Texas, I don't get to see snow all that often, and when I do, I am like a little kid!

In fact, I can be pitiful when it comes to snow. We just bought a house down on the coast, but we still have our house up near Dallas . . . . we're not putting that one on the market until late March, as my daughter graduates from high school this year and we need a place to stay until then! BUT - here's the really pitiful part - we came down to our house south of Houston last weekend, and then they got all the ice up in Dallas, and we haven't been able to get home because the roads between here and there were too icy. My daughter (who is 17 and didn't come down with us) called yesterday morning to say that she woke up to about an inch of snow - and I almost started to cry because I wasn't there to see it! Now how pitiful is that!

Anyway - I hope you got to see snow last night/this morning. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    I posted over on Koffee Klatch. We got about 3 seconds of snow while I slept.
    When I got up at 4 there was a very light sprinkle of snowflakes on my car.
    Now we have drizzly rain and not even the sleet/freezing rain they predicted, thank goodness. Hubby's working closer to the mountains and said they have icicles on the house they are working on today.

The Good news is: I don't have to go anywhere today and be out in that nasty rainy weather. I can stay home, drink my coffee and do stuff around here like laundry. Wait, that's not good news is it?

Sorry that you didn't get to see the snow, MRD but I'm glad that you won't have to worry with being frozen in with the ice, either.

My good news - I'm finally getting to go home today! We have been stuck down here at our new house because the roads between here and our home south of Dallas have been too icy. They are predicting more freezing rain starting tonight through Saturday, so we have a brief weather window to get back home.

My daughter, who is 17, has been home by herself last weekend and this past week through the worst of the weather. I have felt INCREDIBLY guilty for leaving her alone in all of the mess, but of course she's been fine, it's just me being a "mom" that has worried about her. The one time she did lose power we called the electric company for her to report it and they had it back up and running within a couple of hours. It's not that I could have done anything differently had I been home with her, but still, I feel really guilty.

Of course, she reminds me that when she graduates in six months, she's off to 19 weeks of boot camp (she has already enlisted in the Army National Guard), and that she's perfectly fine of taking care of herself, but I remind her that for the next six months I still get to be protective of her - whether she likes it or not!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Safe driving, chrelsey!

+ Reply to Thread