+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2207044;
    catmom3, I'm happy that your husband is coming home! Is he military? We used to be at Ft. Drum. Now my husband is reserves and retires this year (if they'll let him).

And your husband getting to see his granddaughter and opening presents in the same week must be quite a thrill for him!
    NoArchie, my husband is a long haul trucker. It's not unusual for him to be gone for a month or more at a time. He usually gets home for the holidays but this year there some special circumstances. He had to be in Denver the Wednesday after Christmas and with the weather he wasn't able to get home before or after. With the baby being born Jan 1 , we sort of knew he would miss that but it still is a bummer.

Thank you and your Husband for all that you have done for our country. All the time and sacrifice's are appreciated.

MRD
    It's supposed to snow here tomorrow!!!!!

No accumulation predicted, but still, SNOW!!!! Yes, I am excited, this is my first "real" winter as I've lived in Florida all my life. I'm sure it won't be as exciting next time, but I feel like a kid at the prospect of it.

Can't wait to see how my dogs react to it. Since fireflies confound them, I can't imagine what snowflakes will do.

And we were in shirtsleeves over the weekend as it was 70 on Sat.

Anyway, I can't wait. Snow! Snow! Snow!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2207230;
    It's supposed to snow here tomorrow!!!!!

No accumulation predicted, but still, SNOW!!!! Yes, I am excited, this is my first "real" winter as I've lived in Florida all my life. I'm sure it won't be as exciting next time, but I feel like a kid at the prospect of it.

Can't wait to see how my dogs react to it. Since fireflies confound them, I can't imagine what snowflakes will do.

And we were in shirtsleeves over the weekend as it was 70 on Sat.

Anyway, I can't wait. Snow! Snow! Snow!!!

Congratulations!!!! We live in NW Ohio where we are supposed to get snow and we've had less than 2 inches total this whole season.

If your dogs are used to chasing balls, and you ever get enough to make snowballs, try throwing snowballs for them. Our former neighbors had two dogs and they would get so confused, nosing around in the snow, trying to find that ball!!!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2207243;

Congratulations!!!! We live in NW Ohio where we are supposed to get snow and we've had less than 2 inches total this whole season.

If your dogs are used to chasing balls, and you ever get enough to make snowballs, try throwing snowballs for them. Our former neighbors had two dogs and they would get so confused, nosing around in the snow, trying to find that ball!!!
    Oh, that's too funny. Our male LIVES to play ball. I don't think we're supposed to get enough to make snowballs or even really cover the ground much. Everyone else that lives here is heading out to the grocery and complaining and I'm jumping around like a 10 year old. Hey, its exciting for me at this point. I'm sure that the day will come when its not, but until them, I can't wait. I'm 44 years old and have only seen snow twice in my entire life. So you can see why I think this is good news.

We've had more snow this winter than we've had in 10 years. I'd be happy to box some up and send it your way. Watch what the dogs do when they put their paws in the snow. My dog kind of picks her paws up really fast like she's confused about why her paw pads are so cold.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;2207254;
    We've had more snow this winter than we've had in 10 years. I'd be happy to box some up and send it your way. Watch what the dogs do when they put their paws in the snow. My dog kind of picks her paws up really fast like she's confused about why her paw pads are so cold.
    Before our female had puppies (our male is the son of our female), we took a trip to Vermont and took her with us. She did that with the feet picking up. She was NOT a fan of the snow, so I doubt she will be this time. I can't wait to see what Bogie does as he is the goofiest dog and he's the one that really can't understand the firefly thing. Or Squirrels. We had squirrels in Florida, why he never noticed them there, I don't know. But here, he's discovered squirrels and it is his mission to rid our yard of them. But he can't understand the tree part. He wants to climb the tree so badly after them.

Sure, box some up and send me some snow and a couple cans of that chicken broth. I'm going to make soup and realized I'm out of chicken broth.
    So I guess I'm off to the grocery with everyone else. Apparantly its a law here, that when it snows or sleets that you MUST go to the store and buy bread, milk and eggs.

My other good news is that my daughter got a part time job.

MRD
    Well my good news and excitement over snow turns out to be premature.

We've just been upgraded to an ice storm warning for tomorrow. Oh joy!

The good news is that we all get to stay home in our jammies all day. (trying to see any bright side to this. )

[FA edit]
    Last edited by Marleybone; 01-18-2007 at 01:51 PM. Reason: removed comments already posted in another thread

I Is Stephanie
    At my school, instead of passing into the next grade at the end of the year, we "Gateway" every 2 years, and I'm mid-year Gatewaying, after being a semester behind, in 6 days!

But that's not the good news.... We need to have a Metaphor to compare our learning experience to, and I was able to make mine Big Brother!! For my Gateway presentation, I'm going to have a PowerPoint Presentation, a timeline, and video clips of Big Brother 7: All Stars!

...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    My good news is that I have been working out every day for a month now and have been feeling the results (in a good way!). I don't need to lose any weight, but I wanted to get stronger and I already have more endurance. Yay me!

We've got snow and bitter cold out here...6 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm ready for the sun!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2207257;
    So I guess I'm off to the grocery with everyone else. Apparantly its a law here, that when it snows or sleets that you MUST go to the store and buy bread, milk and eggs.
    Speaking as someone from Alabama who hardly ever gets snow here...if there is even a mention of snow, snowflakes, ice, winter weather advisory, etc from the weatherperson...then you better get your bootie on down to the grocery store because it is MANDATORY that you get those things!! Fight the crowds...push your way through and see that all is left is some nasty wheat bread but get it anyway because you don't want to starve while you are snowed in!!! I've worked at a grocery store before and it was always hilarious to see the people losing their minds...its the day after Thanksgiving kind of push and shove sometimes!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread