+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 834 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585135535 ... LastLast
Like Tree765Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    I'm finally going to record my first single tomorrow. I'm pretty excited. It's the first thing that I'm going recording, and it might be played at a school party, so... I'm pretty hyped

ETA: SG! Oh, I'm so happy for you! Good to hear that your aunt's doing much better

Congrats Boredom!

For my good news, I kind of had to hijack a computer to get the results, but both of my biopsies came up benign! The doctor still hasn't called, but hey - us creative girls don't need no stinking doctor (of course, the scars will remain, but whatever, better a small scar than a big whole in my chest)

That is good to hear, Glitternerfball.

Congrats to all, but especially Glitter...I'm am so relieved to hear your news, and I'm sure you must be even moreso. Bravo
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

My good news: my class's music teacher changed with our schedule, so now we have the first two periods of school on Thursdays free! In exchange for our first period free on Monday, but double Music is a small price to pay for being able to sleep until 7:45 and leaving home at 8:30. (I normally wake up at 6:15 and leave home at 6:45)
    Gustav Holst was right!

This is going to sound extremely superficial, coming after everyone else's good news, but I got a great find at the local Salvation Army. Diane Von Furstenberg jumpsuit, very yellow, very 70s. It's a classic, down to the bitty waist-tie! And all at the whoppin' price of 6 dollars Cdn!

(All my friends abused it as ugly, but what do they know? )

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nausicaa
    This is going to sound extremely superficial, coming after everyone else's good news, but I got a great find at the local Salvation Army. Diane Von Furstenberg jumpsuit, very yellow, very 70s. It's a classic, down to the bitty waist-tie! And all at the whoppin' price of 6 dollars Cdn!

(All my friends abused it as ugly, but what do they know? )

Naus- arent great finds wonderful??????? Vintage Diane....sounds so fashionista-ish!!! What kind of shoes are you going to rock it with?
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Thanks, Tallulah. Yeah, thrifting is fun. And also slightly addictive. Haven't decided on heels yet. Definitely something kicky, stiletto-y, and funky though. This ain't no time for demure velvet flats!

I also found a double skirt, white, with netting. Would've worked great as part of a doll/ballerina ensemble. Unfortunately, it was a 4, and I'm a 6. I kept trying to close the hook on the stubborn thing and for a while it was like, "Melt! Damned flesh! Melt away, I say!" in between bouts of self-flagellation for "You just had to eat that chocolate, didn't you?
    ...but I guess that's more for the Pet Peeves thread.

Good finds are always noteworthy nausicaa! Even if a flashback to the disco era I was very happy to find some red satinlike sneakers for 8 bucks up in the Bronx over the weekend, just in time for Chinese New Year, but your jumpsuit was a great steal (stealing from the salvation Army, )

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    That is excellent news Glitternerfball

Congrats Boredom on recording your first single.

nausicaa, congrats on the great outfit you found. Isn't it wonderful when you find something when you least expect it?
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread