+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2194138;
    My other son told his friends that his nephew just went to New York and got his guitar autographed by RUPAUL. He said he wondered why they looked at him kinda funny.
    I know who RuPaul and Les Paul are so I can understand the look! That's a smart grandson you have there...with good musical taste, too!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2194232;
    I know who RuPaul and Les Paul are so I can understand the look! That's a smart grandson you have there...with good musical taste, too!
    I know who they both are too....I've got to show people who may not know them the difference between the two.......

Les Paul:

RuPaul:

.......For those that may not know...RuPaul is a drag queen...that picture of him is him in his "full gear" and without.......I love and adore RuPaul!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Love to read all the good news!.....great grades in college....new job possiblities ! ! !

Rupaul....amazing what a ton of make up can do

Maybe I need to start wearing more make up....
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

I love them both! I've enjoyed Les Paul since I was very young and he was with Mary Ford. RuPaul is quite entertaining and I love to see him.

Lemons from heaven

Tuesday while at work with my daughter, we were discussing each others orange trees (her oranges are sweeter than mine)...when the man who bought my mother's house walked in to the store. To include him into the conversation, I causually asked him how he liked his (my mom's) oranges....he said doesn't like to mess with them so he gives them away . Then he said "by the way, would you like some lemons?" lemons ?!?......Boy do I love, and my family, love lemons I could not believe it......He gave me a big grocery bag crammed full of lemons! Oh of course I shared.

So yesterday I juiced and "zested" my mothers lemons most of the day. Mom's been gone for 3 years this month......so it was like a "heaven sent" gift. After Mom moved from the house, it ended up being a rental for her for several years. You all can guess who took care her citrus trees. When the house was between renters, I would always work to revive her citrus trees then pick and juice lemons and oranges for her I was glad to do it (most of the time).

Anyway, there must of been 100 small lemons and I juiced every single drop of lemon juice out of those babies and froze the juice in freezer bags....and made lemonade fixings out of some...(mixed lemon juice with sugarwater). Lemon coconut cake, lemon pies, lemon bars, lemonade, here I come!---oops didn't I just make a New Year's resolution?
    Last edited by Vonna; 01-04-2007 at 10:47 AM.
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Vonna, Navy beans and lemon juice all make sense now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Les Paul and RuPaul both rock!

Vonna: That is so sweet (not sour) that that fellow offerred and brought you your moms lemons to use. How nice of him. Even if he can't use them all, he must have realized that you would appreciate them as it used to be your Mom's place. I didn't know you could freeze lemon juice like that for later. Good to know!
    ------------

My good news is that my sweetie is driving up to visit on Sunday since we weren't able to spend New Years together! He may, however, get stuck up here by a blizzard before he leaves. OH, that would just be tragic.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2194908;
    Vonna, Navy beans and lemon juice all make sense now!

prhoshay, I am laughing so hard--you are too funny! I can just see it--15 cups of lemon juice with navy beans

MissKitty...we will all keep our fingers crossed for you...
    Maya Angelou

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Vonna;2195021;
    prhoshay, I am laughing so hard--you are too funny! I can just see it--15 cups of lemon juice with navy beans
    Oh, hey, I know what you can call the recipe:

Pucker Beans!!!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My good news: I kinda have a new design gig. My mentor, who's a graphic designer who lives in Ireland, has new clients, and he asked me to draw some sketches for them, because they just renamed their company, and they want a new logo/mascot/thing, and he said even if they dont want any of my ideas, he'll compensate me for my time, and if the DO like some of my designs and want me to do real finished one, he said he'd negotiate for me to have partial ownership of the images, and that i'll get a cut of any profits or anything gained. So at the very least, I can add them to my resume.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

+ Reply to Thread