+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congratulations to your grandson. That first year can be tough for some - you can all be proud.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh;2193228;
    I got a bit of good news tonight. My grandson got his very first grades at college and he now has a 3.98 GPA. Pretty good, huh?
    I wish I could say my first grades in college was anywhere near that!!!!! That is fantastic!!! That is fantastic!!! Out of 4 or 5? Out of 5 makes him incredibly smart. Out of 4--oh wow--that's just about perfect. College is hard enough just for the classes, but the kids are going through so much--it's often their first experience living away from home!!!

ArchieComicFan, you have a great attitude about your son's education. As long as he tries his best, that's all anyone can ask for!

catmom3, your grandbaby has a gorgeous name!

Congrats to everyone for their good news!

I didn't know where to post this but I need you all to keep your fingers crossed for me.
    I graduate now in January and haven't had the best luck in the job market, plus none of the jobs I have applied for (and been denied) have not been within the field I really do want to work (radiotherapy). Today I found an ad for a job within radiotherapy at a hospital in Denmark. (Pluses: better pay, shorter work week (37 hours) minuses: less workers rights and farther away, but still within commuting distance).

I applied with them last summer, but I didn't have my degree then so I'm asking all of you to keep your fingers crossed for me, I really want this job (to the extent that I'm not even telling my class mates, it might be mean but I'm in it for me). The last application date is Jan 24th, so it'll be a while before I know, but I'll keep you posted, hopefully in this thread!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    femme fatale, I have my fingers (and everything else!) crossed for you! Good luck!

Good luck femme fatale! I agree with you about keeping the job secret, there's enough competition to worry about.

Muduh - he's in college already? My how time flies.
    Count your blessings!

Femme fatale: Keeping fingers crossed and lips zipped! I agree with you, get the job you want - don't tell your friends until after you've sealed the deal!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Femme fatale hope you get the job.

Thank you all for your crossed fingers! I'll do my best!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2193581;
    I wish I could say my first grades in college was anywhere near that!!!!! That is fantastic!!! That is fantastic!!! Out of 4 or 5? Out of 5 makes him incredibly smart. Out of 4--oh wow--that's just about perfect. College is hard enough just for the classes, but the kids are going through so much--it's often their first experience living away from home!!!

ArchieComicFan, you have a great attitude about your son's education. As long as he tries his best, that's all anyone can ask for!

catmom3, your grandbaby has a gorgeous name!
    I couldn't answer your question because I didn't know there ARE 5's. He was just over here and I asked, his school is a 4.

We are very proud of him. This is the same kid who has had about 25 surgeries in his life. He didn't get the brain from my side of the family, believe me.

He is also the one who just got his guitar autographed by Les Paul. Now if anyone is old enought to have a clue who he is, I'm sure you're impressed. ha

My other son told his friends that his nephew just went to New York and got his guitar autographed by RUPAUL. He said he wondered why they looked at him kinda funny.

I'm always happy to read about everyone's good news. Sorry if I can't remember who to compliment for what. Duh.

ACF, I'm sure that your son's doing fine if he is on scholarship. Hope this kid can hold on to his for the four years.
    Last edited by Muduh; 01-03-2007 at 09:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread