+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree801Likes

Thread: Share your good news

for everyone's good news!
    Mine is that after about ten days of feeling like varying degrees of hell, including about 48 hours when I couldn't stand to look at tv or computer, sit up or even have a lamp on without it making me feel sick in all kinds of bad ways (and missed work )....
    I've been feeling pretty damn good for 24 hours in a row. In fact, I probably even feel good enough to cuss out the next sick person at work who comes way too close with their germs.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

queenb....Glad you are feeling better!!! ..... I had a virus this winter that lasted almost 3 weeks......
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations to everyone with good news. It's nice to read
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Both my cold and UTI are getting better! Yay! I can actually move around without wincing in pain. Thank goodness for antibiotics and cranberry juice!

Also, I feel optimistic about the baby thing. Christwas was super hard to get through. I'm looking forward to going on vacation somewhere soon with my husband and just sort of seeing what'll happen in the future. It may be our destiny not to be able to have children of our own. Adoption may be the thing for us. Or, we may just be meant to grow old together--just the two of us (and our wheelchairs and rockers one day!). But I feel at peace with it finally. I know that my emotions will fluctuate and that I've got to cut myself a break if I cry or get really sad--but for now, it feels good not to feel so heartbroken or to feel pressured (by myself) to have to make some kind of final decision RIGHT NOW! I've also given msyelf a break and have stopped blaming myself for what happened--that it happens to women and there's usually no rhyme or reason for it...and that it's not because of anything I did or didn't do. It's just how my body handled the pregnancy.

OK, enough heavy stuff! I'm just happy and I think that's good news!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2189939;
    Both my cold and UTI are getting better! Yay! I can actually move around without wincing in pain. Thank goodness for antibiotics and cranberry juice!

Also, I feel optimistic about the baby thing. Christwas was super hard to get through. I'm looking forward to going on vacation somewhere soon with my husband and just sort of seeing what'll happen in the future. It may be our destiny not to be able to have children of our own. Adoption may be the thing for us. Or, we may just be meant to grow old together--just the two of us (and our wheelchairs and rockers one day!). But I feel at peace with it finally. I know that my emotions will fluctuate and that I've got to cut myself a break if I cry or get really sad--but for now, it feels good not to feel so heartbroken or to feel pressured (by myself) to have to make some kind of final decision RIGHT NOW! I've also given msyelf a break and have stopped blaming myself for what happened--that it happens to women and there's usually no rhyme or reason for it...and that it's not because of anything I did or didn't do. It's just how my body handled the pregnancy.

OK, enough heavy stuff! I'm just happy and I think that's good news!
    Well Lois, that is good news on all fronts. I am glad you feel better (azo standard which is OTC works on the pain of UTI's) and glad you are finding some peace. I hope you and your hubby have a great vacation.

My friend that lost her husband to cancer in March got engaged Christmas Day. I know it sounds sudden, but who's to say until you are in those shoes what you will do. She had 3 years of her husband's illness to mourn and she did much better afterwards than everyone thought she would. But she had been in a lot of good counseling during and after too. Anyway, she met someone else this summer and they have fallen in love and he gave her a ring on Christmas. Then her brother made her an aunt on Christmas Day at around noon. So she has very good news. I am going to be her matron of honor and they are talking about a Vegas wedding and I've never been there (not until summer is what they are thinking). Now am looking for a formal with beaded pink flamingos on it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You must post a picture of that

Glad you're on the mend, Lois. You're right about your emotions being up and down for a while and accepting that as normal goes a long way toward dealing with it.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

That's good news Lois - I'm happy to read that you're coming back. and myrosidedog about that friend of yours, I think it's great. People do not know unless they are in a situation, and how one conducts ones life is really no one elses business unless of course it harms someone else.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;2190725;
    That's good news Lois - I'm happy to read that you're coming back. and myrosidedog about that friend of yours, I think it's great. People do not know unless they are in a situation, and how one conducts ones life is really no one elses business unless of course it harms someone else.
    WEll her family has PLENTY to say. Seems me and one other friend are the only ones that have been truly happy for her and have not judged her because as you say, until its you, you don't know what you will do and she deserves to be happy after what she's been through. And I can honestly say I am happy for her even though she has not treated me the best lately. I've posted about that before. But I think everyone deserves a shot at happiness and I'm happy for her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

QueenB, LoisLane and myrosiedog: Congrats on your individual good news.

Here's some nice flamingo dresses you can consider myrosiedog:

Attachment 18969Attachment 18970Attachment 18971Attachment 18972
    Last edited by misskitty; 01-08-2007 at 11:49 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2191006;
    Here's some nice flamingo dresses you can consider myrosiedog:
    I vote for dress #3!

+ Reply to Thread