+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 836 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484134534 ... LastLast
Like Tree821Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Congratulations, everyone.

My partner and I took first place in the school science fair!

I think I wrote earlier that I was supposed to graduate in December, and I did (Summa Cum Laude, but mostly I am just relieved it's all done with ). Well, I got a letter today that I have been nominated for the National Dean's List. As I am not familiar enough with US academic recognizitions, I am not sure what to do with this (or even what it was I am just too paranoid about everything, I had to google this, but it wasn't much help). But yes, I am happy about this somewhere deep inside my mean, over analyzing, and sarcastic being.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Congrats, Tirlittan! That's awesome!! I've never heard about a "National" Deans list either, but it must mean that you are one of the tops in the nation. A real honor, if you ask me!

Not that it's huge news or anything, but my good news is that I am done with my Quarter end BS at work. Now I can focus on advancing my knowledge in other areas, and hopefully start making more $$$$$$$$
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations Tirltittan. The National Dean's List is something to be very proud of. I also received that honor when I graduated from college.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Wow Tirlittan, you must be Super Smart (along with combatcutie). Congratulations!

I've been so busy lately, it's been a long time since I've peeked in here. Congratulations to everyone for their good news. Tirlittan, Summa Cum Laude and National Dean's list? Bravo.

We just found out last night that Lil Rose got a scholarship to her first-choice college, University of Missouri. We live in California, so she'll be far from home...we're all nervous but excited. Parenting is such a odd job...if you do your job right, your children become independent and leave you. That's a crummy deal. We really are happy for her though...sort of.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That's wonderful, Rose! (Well, sorta!) I'm sure you're so very proud of Lil Rose even if it does mean she'll be so far away. *sigh* Growing pains!

I finally got step two in getting a divorce good news....nearly 20 days later I've just received confirmation that the husband has been served with his paperwork. Now just to wait it out the 20 more required days to see if he actually files anything back or if I can go ahead and do my further filing for a default divorce.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    libra!

Two pieces of good news. My aunt's out of the hospital and doing great (If you read my post in the troubles thread, you'll know what I'm talking about.), and our high school application process is done.

for everyone's good news!

Now here is my good news, which might seem veeerrry shallow after everyone else's: I got my iPod back from Apple (I sent it in earlier this week for it to get fixed, as it was broken), and it's working perfectly (haha, when they say they'll "fix" it, they're just giving you a new one, but I'm not complaining). I also got new earphones to repleace my also broken set (I sent an order for them last night). You gotta love Apple's customer service and their warranties.

Also, I just finished making a case for my iPod! (better than going to SoHo and buying one for 30 bucks)
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread