+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree759Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Superbrat....I just got off the phone with one of my sister's who lives out there. She has been without power since 8 p.m. Thursday night. She called on her cell phone, but even that had a terrible connection.

Good luck out there!

Not to rub it in.....uh-huh!...but here in upstate NY we are having unusually balmy weather for December!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2179302;
    My Good News: I am one of the few people around Seattle it seems that still has power! About 1 million people in Western Washington have lost power in the wind storm we had last night.
    You are lucky! My cousin lives in Renton and I'm not sure how she is. Also I have friends and relatives in Victoria, Vancouver area, and White Rock. They have been hit 3 times this week with bad storms. Pity, because they all moved there for the weather. I hope everyone is ok.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My good news is that the city finally graded our residential streets for the first time this year, down to the pavement. Everyone has been mad as hockey sticks getting stuck. And when I got home this afternoon from shopping, the neighbors snow removal service had done my walk as well because they couldn't get to his from the snow windrows that were left.

So I passed on the love. I did my neighbors front and corner walks because both of them are sick with the flu. I just had to get some exercise after that double-cheeseburger I had for lunch.

Pay it forward everyone. Just pay it forward.

Oh, and I've finished buying all my Christmas presents! Now, just to wrap them.

misskitty! I like you more all the time. That was a kindness. Pay it forward indeed.
    Count your blessings!

The play is finally over

It is both good and bad news. This is the 8th play that I have been in with this production team and this was by far the most fun. Sure, I have no voice now but I have lots of memories stored up of the last few months that will last a lifetime.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I survived the day at work! Oh... my... goodness... my feet are HURTING me! I work at a gas station, and since Western Washington got hit with the big wind storm thursday night, my work was one of the few gas stations that had both power AND gas. A normal weekend day gas total in the winter is usually 2,500 gallons... today we sold 16,100 gallons. When I got home from work, I took a very deserving nap.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Bravo JLuvs!
    I don't normally advocate liquor, SuperBrat, but I'd say that day deserves a nice scotch.
    Count your blessings!

JLuvs: Do you have any photos of you on stage?
    SuperBrat: wow, that is a tough day! I hope the customers at least appreciate your hard work!
    ------------

I managed to disconnect the printer I had that wasn't working, and uninstall the program stuff. Then I hooked up the little new printer my uncle won and gave me months ago. I installed it and manged to get it printing! All by myself!

I haven't had a working printer for 3 years so this is way cool. Now I don't have to run back and forth from the kitchen to another room in order to try a recipe.

I just spent 5 HOURS with my Little Sister because her babysitter messed up our time together last week so I had to do two back to back. We made cutout and decorate Christmas cookies from scratch so that took up most of the time. I'm not sure I would have done it otherwise this year. It is pretty involved. I made a double batch of dough and refrigerated half for my daughter to bake. So the good news is that I got my cookie baking in for the holidays and did double time with Lil Sis at the same time. Yea! She absolutely loved it, went home with a big plate of decorated cookies, and fell asleep on the drive home listening to Winona Judd singing Ave Maria and O Holy Night.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2180366;
    JLuvs: Do you have any photos of you on stage?
    There should be plenty up at the official website eventually and I will bring a few over
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread