+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

My good news: I am still able to post to FORT right now!

So, I almost died tonight. I was crossing the street in front of my school, to get into my mom's car and go home. I was halfway across the street, when an SUV turned the corner quickly, trying to beat the oncoming train. I just watched it get closer and think,"it aint gonna stop" The car screeched on the breaks and almost hit me. I am certain that if I hadn't had jumped back, I would be in the hospital right now.

So, as I walked past the front of the SUV, the lady rolled down her window and said,"oh, I didn't even see you!" I just wanted to yell at her and say,"OBVIOUSLY!"

My mom didnt even realize what happened. My, she is an observant one...
    Last edited by Leo; 12-12-2006 at 02:17 AM.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

MRD
    Thank you everyone. I had a phone interview yesterday with the clinique rep. I called the dept. manager and as soon as she heard my voice she says:
    "you must be telepathic. I have been searching my desk for your phone number". She went on to say: I just feel such a connection to you and we have so much in common that I know you are going to be a great salesperson in my dept and I can't wait to get you in here. She asked me to hold on, she was going to call the product rep that needed to interview me. she didn't put me on hold while she used her cell phone and I could overhear her conversation and she told the woman: "you are REALLY going to like her. She's perfect for the job and I want her in my department this week" So that made me feel really good. the interview went well. It was one of those that has those really inane questions tho.
    How do you feel about authority (I wanted to say: I have no problem with it as long as everyone does what I say. ) and do you think you are an honest person? Ok, I'm interviewing to sell Clinque at Dillards, what the heck do they think you are going to answer? No, I'm not honest, I plan to steal everything I can get my hands on. But I answered all the questions to her satisfaction and we are now in the salary negotiation phase, but I think it will be $11 an hour with bonuses, because they don't exactly do commmission.
    And the hours will be flexible enough that we can still homeschool our daughter. Now to get hubby working.

And thanks to you all for all the wonderful wishes and support, it means so much. And Canuck, it does say a lot for the Fort that you can think of several people that could be our Guardian Angel. And God Bless her as she has made us all feel so special.

At first I thought, what a lousy time of year to lose a job. But its funny that after 2 weeks, I got an epiphinany in church on Sun., that if you have to lose a job, what better time of year. I mean, we have our daughter taken care of for Christmas. We have food, we have a lot of support from friends and church and because it is Christmas, the season has distracted us from worrying. We've really simplified things, stripped Christmas down to what it REALLY should be about and we've enjoyed being together as a family and doing fun things that haven't cost much or any money. My husband is not overworked and exhausted, so we've gotten stuff done around here in between looking for work, we've had some GREAT family time together and all in all, it has actually been a blessing. And he may very well get a better job in the end.
    The interview he had Friday is for an Engineering firm that has branched out into Architecture and commercial construction and they held a job fair as they are growing very fast and my husband was the ONLY applicant for the Construction management jobs that were available, so that always helps. But in addition they liked him and want him to come back for a 2nd interview. So things are actually going very well and we all kind of feel at peace instead of desparate. So to me, maybe this was a good thing. Especially at Christmas as we now know what is really important and it isn't endless shopping, crowds and the hustle. I think this is the first holiday we've felt this relaxed. However, if I start working retail this week, that will end as the frenzy I'm getting into at work will be exhausting, but it will only be for a short time and then Christmas will be over and I can settle down into my job.

Thanks again everyone. I do feel blessed to know so many great people here at the FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, what a beautiful way to look at it. Things look so promising for you and your family...I'm going to cross my fingers, and legs (and anything else I can manage!) that things work out well for you!!!

And SuperBrat, glad to see you're still with us...despite idiot driveers! Kudos to you for being so observant!

MRD - you have the best outlook of anyone I've never met! It sounds very promising for you and your husband - like everything will fall into place at the right time. And God bless your guardian angel! What a wonderful person.
    Superbrat - have you stopped trembling yet? What a scary thing to have happen - so glad you are alright.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

SuperBrat! Wow that was close. Good thing you are quick with your reflexes. That would be awful to be injured let alone worse (I don't even want to say it), especially at this time of year. Stay safe, oh little one!

myrosiedog: Congratulations on your new job!! I'm so glad that you found something with people who already appreciate your kind and outgoing personality! WOO HOO!

Clinique has wonderful products. My sister won't use anything else and I have worn their Aromatics Elixir perfume for ages! I'm sure you will do very well with your bonuses!

It is certainly wonderful that you can see this time of upset and transition as a positive thing. If the world could do the same, we'd probably be in a better place too!

The best holidays are those spent with family and friends. There can never be too many of those. I'm glad it's working out for your family! Here's fingers and paws crossed now for your husband to find something that starts in the New Year so you can all enjoy the rest of the month!!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

myrosiedog, your upbeat attitude and way of always being able to make lemonade out of lemons is truly an inspiration and an example to follow. How wonderful that a guardian angel right here at Fort has noticed what a wonderful person you are and has been able to help you and your family during this difficult time. And thank you for showing me how to handle the hard times life throws at us sometimes with grace and patience (something I sorely lack at times).

Wishing you a happy holiday season, a Merry Christmas, and a great New Year!

MRD
    AWW you guys, going to make me cry!

I have to let you know that I don't have much patience. I guess it appears I have more than I do.

But I appreciate your kind words and I have to give credit where its due: to my husband. He has taught me over the years to have this kind of outlook. Believe me I wasn't born with it.

We have had a setback that has put me down a bit, but we'll get over that too I imagine. Because there's no alternative.

The life insurance policy I cashed in 2 weeks ago that was supposed to be here this week, is now going to be delayed until probably Jan. 1. I cannot say the things I said about the ins. company on this thread. They screwed up and I honestly think they did it on purpose. But it has put us in a real bind.
    AND my job is being delayed as the dept. manager doesn't have time to train me right now. So I don't know when I will start and so therefore, I am moving on. I can't afford to wait any longer for a job and then wait a week or two to get paid (I hate the practice now of companies holding back a weeks paycheck, so you are always running a week behind on what you get paid).
    Had the ins. check arrived, I could have waited out the job at Dillard's, but both hubby and I NEED to be working and so therefore have been out beating the path again and I start at McDonald's on Fri. I know its not a great job, but they will hire me NOW and they will pay me in a week and little money is better than no money coming in. SAme for hubby, he is doing day labor until something better comes along. At least we could find something right away as we have been working our butts off for 2 weeks and send out dozens of resumes and job apps abd have heard NOTHING except from Dillards and now they are fooling around and we can't afford to wait anymore.

I wish I was closer to Nashville as I would haul my butt into that ins. company office and cause such a scene that either they would arrest me or cut me the #$%#$@ check they owe me!!!!!!!! ARGH!!!

So seee, I'm not always all roses and sunshine!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, myrosiedog: That sucks about the insurance company.

But, you and your husband certainly have a can-do and will-do attitude! **I'm going to get to work now, not until you have time for me to get to work!** YOU GO GIRL!!

I wish we had more people like you around here. Business are crying for help and having to hire outside of the country because of the oil boom up north. And there are many people able but not willing to take those jobs. So some business are actually closing down for lunch and evenings because of no staff.

There are many stores that need your help and will appreciate it and I'm glad that you will be paid quicker. It doesn't help that when starting a new job, your first paycheck is usually delayed several weeks if not until the end of the month!

Hang in there my dear one! Karma is at work. Just trying to set everything up just right for you and dear hubby! Believe.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    myrosiedog, I'm sorry about the insurance company and Dillard's taking their sweet old time. But I must say that you have such resilience... so many people would think that working at McDonald's is "beneath" them, when in reality, any job that keeps food on the table and your child with a roof over her head is a worthy one. I commend you on grabbing the bull by the horns and doing what it takes to make sure your family is safe. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man, too. I know that things will work out for your family and that it WILL get easier in 2007...

Rosiedog - some day you'll look back on this Christmas and say "Remember when...?" It will be the stuff legends are made of when you are once again on your feet and stable... and you DO know that day is coming.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread