+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2173823;
    How exciting for her MissKitty - are you Slavic? My Baba (who has since passed) was born in Czechoslovakia - I haven't heard of someone having a Baba in so long!

My good news is that I took my daughter to see Beauty & the Beast on Broadway yesterday for her 8th birthday and to the American Girl store (oy vay!). It really was a magical day, even if it cost me an arm and a leg (and an elbow, and neck....LOL). Donny Osmond played Gaston and it was fantastic. John Tartaglia played Lumiere and he was AWESOME (of course my daughter recognized him as Johnny from Johnny & the Sprites on Playhouse Disney). It was just a great day spent with my daughter and husband - those days are rare now that we have another baby
    Donny Osmond.......ahhh...my first love.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    My good news is that a wonderful Guardian Angel from right here on the Fort sent two huge boxes of Christmas gifts to me and my family. She contacted me after finding out about my husband losing his job and wanted to help our daughter have a wonderful Christmas and from the looks of what she sent, that will definetly be happening and even sent something for me, which just blows me away!

I am SO very grateful to her more than generous selflessness and to everyone on the FORT that has sent us inspiration, support and kind words and prayers in this difficult time.

Hubby had a great interview on Fri., so we are hoping that this means something. But I had a GREAT interview on Wed., was told I was perfect for the job, that they wanted to hire me and that someone would be in touch and have not heard a word. I called yesterday to just touch base and left a message with the dept. manager that wanted to hire me and have not heard back. So am not sure if this will happen or not.

But we are staying positive that something will happen and with all the love and support we've gotten here, from friends, family and our church, we have been able to enjoy the Christmas season instead of dreading it.

Thank you and thank you SO VERY much my wonderful Guardian Angel, you know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are not words to even begin to let you know how much this means to us. Thank you seems so inadequate.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I was very happy to see your post in the good news thread Rosie!! Don't despair that you haven't been called back yet. HR departments are notoriously slow. Great news that your hubby had a good interview. And kudos to all the wonderful people at the FORT and especially your Guardian Angel. I was trying to guess who it could be, and so many names came to mind. I think that speaks volumes about this place.

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp;2173823;
    How exciting for her MissKitty - are you Slavic? My Baba (who has since passed) was born in Czechoslovakia - I haven't heard of someone having a Baba in so long!
    marybethp: My Baba was born in Turnople in Ukraine. My sweetie's Dad is Yugoslavian, but I guess now I'd have to say he from the Serbian side of the country. So onions, garlic, and toasts () are what we have in common. I'm glad you all enjoyed the big show too!

myrosiedog: Things sound like they are looking up!! Thank goodness for you and your husband. Great interviews do count as good news! And I'm sure that delays in hearing back are because of the holiday season. Things tend to move slower during that time of year for most things administrative. Blessing to your Guardian Angel as well!
    -----------

My little good news is I manged to get all of my Christmas cards written, stamped and mailed today! Complete with red, green and gold ink plus Xmas gold stickys! If you don't get yours in a week or so, I don't have your address. Sorry.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2173995;
    My good news is that a wonderful Guardian Angel from right here on the Fort sent two huge boxes of Christmas gifts to me and my family. She contacted me after finding out about my husband losing his job and wanted to help our daughter have a wonderful Christmas and from the looks of what she sent, that will definetly be happening and even sent something for me, which just blows me away!

I am SO very grateful to her more than generous selflessness and to everyone on the FORT that has sent us inspiration, support and kind words and prayers in this difficult time.

Hubby had a great interview on Fri., so we are hoping that this means something. But I had a GREAT interview on Wed., was told I was perfect for the job, that they wanted to hire me and that someone would be in touch and have not heard a word. I called yesterday to just touch base and left a message with the dept. manager that wanted to hire me and have not heard back. So am not sure if this will happen or not.

But we are staying positive that something will happen and with all the love and support we've gotten here, from friends, family and our church, we have been able to enjoy the Christmas season instead of dreading it.

Thank you and thank you SO VERY much my wonderful Guardian Angel, you know who you are!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There are not words to even begin to let you know how much this means to us. Thank you seems so inadequate.
    Wow...what a beautiful post. I love your enthusiasm, your faith and your outlook.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS! Your post makes me want to watch It's a Wonderful life!

When I interviewed for my current job, they told me I was perfect and would call. A week later, I sent an e-mail thanking the recruiter for her time and asked her to keep my resume for future consideration. Within an hour she called and asked if I had found something else. I said no, and she said well she was confused because they were definitely going to offer the job to me, but things tend to take longer than a week. Sure enough 2 weeks later, I had an offer letter in hand and the rest is history. So, the moral of my story is - PATIENCE!! Good things come to those who wait.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    To the wonderful Guardian Angel who sent myrosiedog and her family Christmas gifts, you truly are an angel. To myrosiedog, it says a lot about you that someone you've never met before (in person) thinks this highly of you (as do we all). What wonderful, heartwarming news! It brought a huge smile to my face.

(And myrosiedog, I agree--people can be a bit slow to hire, especially around the holidays where half the staff is taking their vacation days off. If you haven't done so already, send a short thank you note by mail to the person who interviewed you. It'll jog their memory AND they'll also have a physical reminder of the great candidate they need to hire! Keeping my fingers crossed for both you and your husband!)

I have my fingers crossed for you and your husband, myrosiedog
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

God bless myrosidog's guardian angel! I hope you and your husband both hear something very soon!

rosiedog - I couldn't be happier that you and yours are able to enjoy the holiday season. With your up-beat attitudes I'm sure good jobs will come through.
    Count your blessings!

Wow, that's incredibly kind, whoever sent MRD and her family Christmas gifts.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread