+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2170953;
    This is my first post; I've been browsing and reading for a while. I have to say that I am amazed at the amount of support that you all provide to one another. That's what prompted me to "take the plunge" and join the fun! I don't have any special good news. Most days are really good days! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" to everyone. Now that I'm part of the group, I'll be back!

ScoutMom, you will absolutely LOVE this place and pretty soon you'll be posting all the time!!!!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    ScoutMom!

Gut - you deserve every drop of tequila in those margaritas!! Much congrats on the all clear

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2170953;
    This is my first post; I've been browsing and reading for a while. I have to say that I am amazed at the amount of support that you all provide to one another. That's what prompted me to "take the plunge" and join the fun! I don't have any special good news. Most days are really good days! I just wanted to pop in and say "hi" to everyone. Now that I'm part of the group, I'll be back!
    I have gotten more support, more caring, more love from this great group of people than I have from friends I have known for ages. You will love it here. Thse are some big hearted people, some absolutely hysterical, make you pee yourself people, some really smart help you solve problems people, some FANTASTIC cooks and occasionally if you read "just how stupid am I?" thread, some people that do some incredibly dumb, but funny things that entertain us all and we love them for it.

Welcome and join in the fun.

And my good news for today is that I am part of this great group! Thanks guys.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks for the welcome! My good news today is that I took off work to go to another great group I belong to. My church does a monthly ladies Bible study. There's only about six of us, but we have a great time. Today is not only our monthly meeting, but the leader of our group is preparing lunch for us as a Christmas celebration! Not only do I get a day off work, but I don't have to cook!!!

My good news - I won two tickets to an advance screening of "Dreamgirls" next Thursday night! I never win anything!!!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Congratulations Mellon. Let us know how the movie is

Wow...finally hit my 4000th post!!!!
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

MRD
    Congrats.

I'm trying to win Leon Russell tickets from the local radio station and never am the right caller. Drats!

I never win anything either.

Have fun at the movie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Welcome ScoutMom! Can't wait to get to know you better.
    Count your blessings!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2171697;
    My good news today is that I took off work to go to another great group I belong to. My church does a monthly ladies Bible study. There's only about six of us, but we have a great time. Today is not only our monthly meeting, but the leader of our group is preparing lunch for us as a Christmas celebration! Not only do I get a day off work, but I don't have to cook!!!
    ScoutMom, welcome to the FORT! It's great to have you here...Hey, a nice friendly gathering AND a nice meal you don't have to cook yourself? Sounds like good news to me!

All - Again, thanks for the warm welcome! The lunch was awesome and I even came home with leftovers! We each talked today about the past year - the good and the bad - and how we were able to get through everything because of our friends and our faith. These meetings give me such a warm feeling inside - like spending some time at the FORT!

+ Reply to Thread