+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    Great news Gutmutter. Glad you are feeling better.

My good news is that I am 80% done with Christmas shopping. I still have to get my husband's main gift and I'm ordering it today. I am getting him a military ring with his division on it (82nd Airborne) and I have a star sapphire ring that belonged to my grandfather that I am having re-sized for my hubby to wear. He doesn't wear much jewelry, but I am hoping he will like both rings. I know he won't wear both at the same time, but he will have something nice when we go out or whatever (he can't wear rings at work.
    Too dangerous).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Good news: Exercised again today with no inhaler, passed my car inspection, ordered new checks, put an ad in the paper to get rid of kittens and checked everything off my short to-do list!
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter: Your progress is amazing! It sounds like you are getting stronger very quickly! What's with "getting rid of kittens" all about? You do mean finding homes for kittens, don't you?

myrosiedog: Congrats on finding most of your Christmas presents. That's a big job. Your ring gifts to your husband is a beautiful idea. Considering the bad news he recently received, I'm sure he will adore them both, and you as well.

--------

My good news is I have my bus tickets booked and I'm visiting my sweetie for a couple days this week. I haven't seen him since Oct. It's his birthday on the 15th so I have those presents bought and wrapped and have his Xmas ones done as well. I hope I can get them there in one piece. I won't see him again until New Years.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Yes. Ahem. Of course I meant finding the best possible homes for our little darlings. We placed 4 out of 5 so far including one that we were thinking of keeping, but the woman fell in love with her on first sight. Now we have one male, pure white shorthair. I'm sure with Christmas coming, it will find a happy home.
    Count your blessings!

I just wanted to post a little update on my nephew, Tavish, who is obviously up above. A lot of you have been reading one negative post after another about him in the bad news thread and I wanted to change it up for a bit

He is on quite a few meds and hates taking them, has seizures in his sleep and has a bit of chest/stomach pain...something is wrong with his right leg as well --- nothing too serious mind you. A lot of you have been praying, and I have appreciated it more than you could ever know.

He has not had to go for the hospital for a couple of months now and for me that is big reason to celebrate. My brother and SIL came down to spend a whole week with me up in Oregon, that was my birthday present, instead of one day and I got to make sure the little guy was okay with my own eyes.

I am hoping that he keeps improving and is off the meds one day for good
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

He's adorable JLuvs. God bless him.
    Count your blessings!

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2164828;

myrosiedog: Congrats on finding most of your Christmas presents. That's a big job. Your ring gifts to your husband is a beautiful idea. Considering the bad news he recently received, I'm sure he will adore them both, and you as well.

He's not getting the ring now. The job loss situation has severly curtailed anymore Christmas shopping or gifts. We have my daughters main gift and a couple smaller ones and that will be it this year. He and I will not be exchanging gifts nor stockings and there will be no gift giving to anyone outside of our daughter. If the rest of the family doesn't understand, then too bad. We need to save what we have for necessities and Christmas this year is not a necessity for a lot of people besides our child. Just how it has to be. Next year will be better!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2165058;

I just wanted to post a little update on my nephew, Tavish, who is obviously up above. A lot of you have been reading one negative post after another about him in the bad news thread and I wanted to change it up for a bit

He is on quite a few meds and hates taking them, has seizures in his sleep and has a bit of chest/stomach pain...something is wrong with his right leg as well --- nothing too serious mind you. A lot of you have been praying, and I have appreciated it more than you could ever know.

He has not had to go for the hospital for a couple of months now and for me that is big reason to celebrate. My brother and SIL came down to spend a whole week with me up in Oregon, that was my birthday present, instead of one day and I got to make sure the little guy was okay with my own eyes.

I am hoping that he keeps improving and is off the meds one day for good
    Tavish is adorable and appears to be smiling in the picture. I hope he recovers from his illness or has a long life despite it.

Gutmutter: I'm so glad your kittens have found good homes. Do you think you might just keep that little black and white guy for yourself? He sounds like a ton of fun!

JLuvs: Tavish looks really cute and happy to me. I'm glad he's doing well enough to travel.

myrosiedog: I totally understand about the Christmas gifts. That is very sad that this all happened at this time of year. It's very smart to keep it small this year. I do hope that things change for the better for you and your family really soon
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

What a cuty Jluvs. I'm so happy to hear he's doing better.

+ Reply to Thread