+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree783Likes

Thread: Share your good news

lildago - I'm so happy for you! I know how much this means... especially with the wee one on the way. Tell my little penpal I'm thinking of her.
    Count your blessings!

lildago: I'm happy that you're happy that your cousins will be close by! I hope their new home is everything they hoped for.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Lildago, it'll be great for you to finally have family around. I remember how excited you were when you found out they were building. You'll have help when the little one comes along!

This is actually a trouble wrapped up in good news. My car battery has been corroding a lot lately. Husband cleaned it and said I'd need a new battery eventually but didn't make it sound urgent (he never thinks anything needs to be done "right now" but he's usually wrong ). This was a few weeks ago. Lately it seemed as if the car wouldn't start right away but I shurgged it off.

So today I go out and about and make it to Best Buy to pick up something I ordered online. Get back to the car and it's dead. Husband is at work. Don't have AAA. Could ask a stranger for a jump but I decide to call one of the brothers-in-law (who I could rant about in the in-law thread but he's always there for me when I need him so I can't bring myself to go in there and say bad things. I'm glad I didn't or I'd have really felt guilty! ).

He comes to the rescue and we take the old battery out and go get a new one. He puts it in and the car starts right up. I was so happy! So that's my good news. But the better news is that this didn't happen to me yesterday when I was out at Walmart at the crack of dawn trying to get deals. None of my family was up at 5 am, I was the only idiot in the family to do that!

My first grandchild was born this morning at 7:14 a.m. Alexis Leigh, 7 lbs. 7 1/2 oz., 21 3/4 inches long, healthy and beautiful. She looks so much like her daddy, my youngest son. I've had almost 3 hours of sleep in the last 49 hours but I'm still flying high right now. One more trip to the hospital when my older boy gets here to see his new neice and then I'll be more than ready to crash for the next 10 hours or so.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;2155409;
    My first grandchild was born this morning at 7:14 a.m. Alexis Leigh, 7 lbs. 7 1/2 oz., 21 3/4 inches long, healthy and beautiful. She looks so much like her daddy, my youngest son. I've had almost 3 hours of sleep in the last 49 hours but I'm still flying high right now. One more trip to the hospital when my older boy gets here to see his new neice and then I'll be more than ready to crash for the next 10 hours or so.
    CONGRATULATIONS Lil Bit!!!! I'm sure you are absolutely thrilled to death with your first grandchild! Hope mom is doing well too!

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Congrats, lilbit!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

ARC: Car batteries should just last longer. Simple as that. I am really glad I have AMA because one annual membership is less than one car tow. Let alone when I lock my keys in the car Glad you didn't get stranded on your big shopping day!!

Lil Bit: Congratulations on your new Grandbaby !
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Congratulations on your first grandchild, Lil Bit! That's a biggie! I've noticed new babies always look a lot like the dad. I wonder if that's a genetic trick to make sure they know it's theirs, so stick around.
    Archie (CF) - you'll be so happy with the new battery. Nothing like knowing the car will start, especially with cold weather on the way.
    Count your blessings!

Congratulations on your new grandchild Lilbit.

+ Reply to Thread