+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2149589;
    Glad your house is coming along so nicely. I'm impressed with how much you have accomplished in such a short time. We've been in our house less than two years and are facing another move after the first of the year. I'll try to keep you in mind as inspiration.
    Well you should have heard the sound that escaped my lips when I read this!

my only inspiration was having company for 5 days! ROFL! We've been in this house 3 months and had 3 rooms completely unliveable until this past week.

I don't envy you moving. It's a chore and I'm still trying to figure out what to do with stuff. We actually rented a small storage building for stuff that we don't know what to do with and are just going to wait until after the holidays and see if its stuff worth keeping or getting rid of.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Hey, you had company, a bum knee and a kid adjusting to a new life! That's a lot on one person's plate, never mind adjusting to a new city yourself. I never did get around to updating our kitchen with new countertops, sink and lighting like I wanted. I guess my procrastination paid off . I'll be using the money we set aside for the next house, I suppose.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    More good news from me too: We added a baby grandson to the fam about six weeks ago. He's a sweet baby - had a few problems, he was five weeks early - but seems to be getting on his feet (buns?) now. Bailee and McKenna think he's boring (he sleeps too much for their liking), but they seem to like him despite his youthful ways. Ya gotta love babies - they bring so much joy into the family - and the world.

Congratulations J.D.! I can't for the life of me figure out what your avatar is.
    Count your blessings!

Congrats, JD. (I hope you weren't in the car in your av. That looks scary)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2151027;
    Congrats, JD. (I hope you weren't in the car in your av. That looks scary)
    Thanks for the congrats, folks.

Anyone ever seen an Eclipse folded in half? Well, that's what it looks like. And yep, I was driving. Oddly, I got out, brushed myself off and was perfectly fine. As has been said many, many times on this board: For heaven's sakes wear your seat belt!

The car is completely fixed now (and a little pimped, too, I might add!) and yes, I now drive like that little old lady from Pasadena. Thanks for your concern - I just can't decide if I'm really lucky or really unlucky!!

My grandson does have nice, big feet, tho. From what I understand, that's a good thing!!

Glad to hear you walked away from that one. It looks pretty bad. Seatbelts are a good thing.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Today is the last day of our two-week United way campain at work. It was a great two weeks, but I have to admit I'm happy to see it finish. I volunteered to help, but it cut a lot of time in my work (when it rains it pours). I will definitely do it again next year, though.

Good for you DesertRose: United Way is a great cause. I used to be on a few committees. It can be great fun too!

My good news is my twin sinister's good news actually. She just realized that she has more money available than she thought to buy a home! Her mortgage lady really confused her and she hasn't been able to find much of anything in her price range. Now she'll have a bit more room and possibility of actually being able to find something.

Which means she is happier today than yesterday! That is VERY good news. She deserves to be happy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My cousin's house is finally finished. They're moving in two doors down. It'll be great to have family close by.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

+ Reply to Thread