+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

That's what you get for having a teacher for a mother. It started out as a way to encourage the kids to use their French and they goof on the concept so much, it has become a hilarious tradition. They are allowed to use English words if they don't know the French, so we're actually speaking Frenglish.
    Count your blessings!

Oh Gut - that is the cutest little critter! Good thing my son Joe doesn't know about hedgehogs as pets. He surely would be nagging me to get one.

Gut that is a great way of teaching a language to your kids. I really love it. My father would tell us to speak italian at home and we'd have to pay a fee (10 cents was a lot back then when I was 10) everytime he'd catch us speaking French instead. I wish we had an animal to speak italian to back then.

I didn't know you thought French in high school. Where did you get your French background?

My dad used to pretend he was French just so he wouldn't have to talk to me . . .

Allergies can pop up after years of no reaction, but they can also recede, too. I don't get hayfever nearly as badly as I did when I was a young pup. It used to be that my eyes would swell to where I couldn't see; now days I can work outside year-round. I also have very little problem with poison ivy any more.

There was one really nasty exception. About 15 years ago, I was doing a survey on a property whose back five or ten acres was nothing but pollenating ragweed. I had no choice but to bull my way through it, and by the time I got back to the truck, my jeans were YELLOW from the pollen. I was sneezing so loudly, I had every dog in a mile radius barking at me, and about two sneezes were enough to saturate a paper towel What a miserable morning!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    OMG...I'm in love........with Henri........

He is precious and I didn't know you could have a hedgehog for a pet....looking over at my kitty and wondering if it would work....I don't know anything about hedgehogs so I have no idea what they eat, etc...making mental note to google........

and I love the idea you speak French to him...I don't know any other language (other than the occasional "redneck" ) so I'm not only in love with Henri but I'm jealous that he knows another language!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2144004;
    OMG...I'm in love........with Henri........

He is precious and I didn't know you could have a hedgehog for a pet....looking over at my kitty and wondering if it would work....I don't know anything about hedgehogs so I have no idea what they eat, etc...making mental note to google........

and I love the idea you speak French to him...I don't know any other language (other than the occasional "redneck" ) so I'm not only in love with Henri but I'm jealous that he knows another language!!!
    You could get a Hedgehog, name him Bubba and speak redneck to him.

Gut, yours is precious and I love the french speaking hedgehog idea.

Our daughter has been begging for a teacup Chichuachua. Maybe if I convince her that she can get another dog if she only speaks french to it, it would please her to have a dog and get her to study her french!

Henri is adorable.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Definitely google it if you're thinking of getting one. But I'll warn you - hedgehog owners are very convincing! They love their pets and will win you over with stories of self-annointing, rolling up in balls with your finger trapped inside, etc. They are a little expensive (around $100) but live about 10 years. They don't have scent glands (like other stinky little pets). The quills don't come out and are not barbed. You do need to wear gloves to handle them until they calm down and then the quills lie down. They eat cat food with cheese or meal worms for special treats. Very low maintainance. Oh yeah, cats and dogs not a problem. They'll learn fast that the quills are sharp.
    Count your blessings!

lol myrosiedog, if she wants a Chihuahua, you should tell her that they only understand spanish, or if get her a Papillon and she could learn French.

And I have always wanted a hedgehog. Maybe when I move out after I graduate, because I am sure my dog would mistake one for a chew toy. And I would probably name it Sonic, as I am that lame with names.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Went to hear Bernie Seigel lecture last night (mind/body) with a friend who was recently diagnosed with lymphoma. Today I have a CT scan to see if there is anything weird in my lungs.
    Count your blessings!

After 3 weeks, I was finally able to sleep last night with no pain. I pinched a nerve in my hip that radiated both up my back and down my leg to the shin. I was catching catnaps and couldn't stand myself. So, goodbye to ice compresses, aspirin, and aspercreme rubs!

+ Reply to Thread