+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Superbrat. Well close is close - Tukwila. Have to look that up.

Congrats on your gift certificate...what a nice surprise that is!!! It looks like you're enjoying spending it on something you really wanted. Super!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2110803;
    Now, if I had paid the full retail amount, I would have paid $201.82. But, instead, thanks to markdowns, I only paid $12.19.
    Holy smokes! I've heard of bargain hunting, but paying about 5% of retail??!! That is amazing!! You definitely deserve a bargain hunter supremo rating, and that's definitely worth a good news posting of its own!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2111232;
    Holy smokes! I've heard of bargain hunting, but paying about 5% of retail??!! That is amazing!! You definitely deserve a bargain hunter supremo rating, and that's definitely worth a good news posting of its own!
    It's genetic. The females in my family can sniff out a sale item miles away.

My good news of the day: i got to enjoy a full hot water bath, since neither my mom or dad is home, and I have the whole house to myself. Ah.... silence.
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

They have spinach in the stores again!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

...which you never stopped eating, queenb! hahahaha (How the heck are ya?) My good news is that I'm back! My computer at home died and I thought I could fix it myself. I finally had to take it to the dad of a student who heard me whining. He "fixed" it in 2 days... by way of totally erasing it and starting it up like a newborn. I'm really naive when it comes to this stuff so didn't have anything backed up. I thought he would alert me if he was going to do anything like that. My daughter lost all her digital pictures (many of which are printed) and I lost my transcribed trip to Africa (still have actual journal). He also insisted I switch to DSL from dial-up so now I have a super-fast computer and my 15-yr. old daughter is in heaven. I hadn't been able to access this site from work, so I've been jonesin'.
    Count your blessings!

Welcome back, Gut.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

Good to see you back, Gut.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

FORT Fogey
    CONGRATULATIONS on all the good things happening, everyone!!

Stargazer, how's the job going?

Talulahbaby, how's Coco doing??

Haej, how's the program going??

Updates, people -- please give us updates!!!

Gut, I'm thrilled that you don't have TB!! I'm bummed about your computer nightmare, though, and I'm sad that you lost irreplaceable data. That guy should have definitely called you before deleting stuff. Next time that happens (and you know it probably will, 'cause even my snazzy new computer's had troubles -- they all do) just let me know and I'll have the new guy in my life (I don't have a clue of what to call him on the FORT) take care of it for you. He's a whiz. He would ghost everything first and back it all up before ever reformatting your hard drive.

Things are going great in most areas of my life -- still having health troubles and planning to have major surgery in a month or so -- but it's nice to have only one terrible thing amidst a whole lotta good things. The trick is to just focus on the good and not the bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2111745;
    ...which you never stopped eating, queenb! hahahaha (How the heck are ya?) .
    "I'm stong to the finish, 'cause I eat my spinach"

Glad to see you back and without TB no less. You too, Pom--we miss ya. Hell, I've been missing the whole site, but my good news is, it appears that everything around here is doing what it oughta, and not taking forever anymore!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    WB Gut! Sorry about your PC troubles. I wonder if your stuff is still somewhere lurking on your PC and another professional can dig it out. Hell, it happens all the time on Without a Trace - I hope somehow, someway you can get it!

POMMIE!!!! How are you hon??

I love this thread - it always puts me in a cheerful mood

My good news for the day is we're getting our house painted - they started today with the powerwashing. I'll post the before/after when they are done. I love house projects (especially when I don't actually have to do them myself!! )

My other good news is that baby food was on sale in Walmart today for 25 cents a jar - normally 50 cents. That just rocks.

+ Reply to Thread