+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

misskitty, you'll have to tell us all about it afterward! Sounds like a great time!!

I just got back from LeCirque - Delirium. WOW! It was all I expected and more! Amazing music, great staging, interesting characters, phenomenal dancers and acrobats. The singers were incredible, the lighting and technical effects of sheers with video images was magic. I was completely enthralled with the entire show! I cannot even begin to describe it to you. Every person is extremely talented and the show performs like clockwork.

Attachment 18375Attachment 18376Attachment 18377Attachment 18378Attachment 18379

Not only that, but our seats were the private box seats in none-other-than Mr. D. Ghermezians' private suite on the concourse level. Whew! Mr. Ghermezian is one of the founding brothers who own West Edmonton Mall, Mall of America and many other multi-million dollar businesses. He did not attend this afternoon's performance.

My evil twin sinister, on the other hand, wasn't impressed and was to say the least "disappointed". She didn't "get it", wanted more circus act stuff, and generally glad she didn't spend any money on the show. She thought there was too much singing. And music. She also had the nerve to physically stop me from clapping because it was going to embarass her. She knows exactly how to put a damper on a great time. Ugh!
    Last edited by misskitty; 10-19-2006 at 09:23 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2103593;
    I just got back from LeCirque - Delirium. WOW! It was all I expected and more! Amazing music, great staging, interesting characters, phenomenal dancers and acrobats. The singers were incredible, the lighting and technical effects of sheers with video images was magic. I was completely enthralled with the entire show! I cannot even begin to describe it to you. Every person is extremely talented and the show performs like clockwork.

Attachment 18375Attachment 18376Attachment 18377Attachment 18378Attachment 18379

Not only that, but our seats were the private box seats in none-other-than Mr. D. Ghermezians' private suite on the concourse level. Whew! Mr. Ghermezian is one of the founding brothers who own West Edmonton Mall, Mall of America and many other multi-million dollar businesses. He did not attend this afternoon's performance.

My evil twin sinister, on the other hand, wasn't impressed and was to say the least "disappointed". She didn't "get it", wanted more circus act stuff, and generally glad she didn't spend any money on the show. She thought there was too much singing. And music. She also had the nerve to physically stop me from clapping because it was going to embarass her. She knows exactly how to put a damper on a great time. Ugh!

POOP on your sinister, misskitty! It doesn't sound like she'd know a good time if it bit her in the arse! The fact that YOU had a good time and are still excited about it, and your *coughFlaviacough* experience is all that matters.

Sally has a great expression that she uses for people who are Moaning Myrtle's: "Ooooo, my diamond shoes are too tight and there's not enough room in my wallet for my $100 dollar bills." :cry

Cool for you and boo to her!
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Misskitty, I've always wanted to go to Cirque, so I'm jealous! I do feel your pain about your sister; I turned into "the crazy woman who vacations alone" because of that type of stuff. Some folks just can't learn to enjoy things for what they are, rather than what they expect them to be.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks lambikins! I'm still remember the good parts of being there. QueenB: I do hope you go if you ever get the chance. Each show is quite different. One of the gentlemen in our suite just saw Ka in Las Vegas and it was very different. The shows that don't travel are more intricate and intense I think.

I think you nailed it on the head about my twin sinister. She did expect something and was therefore disappointed. I try not to expect anything and then I'm usually surprised. I honestly think she is depressed though. But she won't talk to me about it. She is quite an unhappy person in general.

wow... did she have ANY idea what Cirque de Solei is about? I'd think she woulda done a lil research if she hadnt.. but oh well... s
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat;2106665;
    wow... did she have ANY idea what Cirque de Solei is about? I'd think she woulda done a lil research if she hadnt.. but oh well... s
    She had seen shows on tv but was still disappointed. As I said, I think shows that play in a permanent place for some time are larger and more intricate. However Delirium was nothing to sneeze at in my opinion. It's very difficult for her to be happy these days... about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2107037;
    She had seen shows on tv but was still disappointed. As I said, I think shows that play in a permanent place for some time are larger and more intricate. However Delirium was nothing to sneeze at in my opinion. It's very difficult for her to be happy these days... about anything.
    I'd LOVE to see Cirque live. They always come to Seattle (well... Renton) atleast once a year. But tickets are just a tad expensive for me lol being the poor art student I am.

Hey SuperBrat! You're from Renton? My cousin and her hubby and their 5 animals live there now! Say hi for me will ya?!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2109111;
    Hey SuperBrat! You're from Renton? My cousin and her hubby and their 5 animals live there now! Say hi for me will ya?!!
    Lol nah, I live in the city right next to Renton. Tukwila.

My good news of the day: I designed a devil boy with a pen for my friend/mentor's site. I felt I owed him somethin because he gave me space for my website. But, to my surprise, he gave me a $50 gift certificate to amazon[dot]com. So, i got to buy a year subscription to Wizard magazine, and a video game I have been searching EVERYWHERE for!

Also, Old Navy is gettin new inventory next week, so they have a bunch of stuff marked WAY down. So, i bought a bunch of stuff! Now, if I had paid the full retail amount, I would have paid $201.82. But, instead, thanks to markdowns, I only paid $12.19. I thank my mom for teaching me the power of bargain shopping aka- if it's under $5, it's worth buyin'
    Last edited by Amanda; 10-21-2006 at 02:53 PM.

+ Reply to Thread