+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

giz
    The kids came back and said they had an okay time, but why is dad so nice to her kids and not to us? I explained that it's not his job to discipline her kids, but it's hard for them to get used to. Apparently he's quite cuddly with her kids, so it may be more about seeing their dad having a warm relationship with other children. Must hurt. They said quite firmly to me that they don't want to go every week, so perhaps we'll revisit that in mediation and see if he'll accept bi-weekly. If they don't want to be there it won't be fun for anyone. I find it tricky to get an equliibrium going as our new 3 person family when he's popping up on a whim and taking them out this much. The more he sees his girlfriend the more he's suddenly interested in his kids. I want them to see lots of him, we just need to find something that works for all of us.

It occurred to me this morning that perhaps once I'm accepted into the union I will be paid on sick days, and get stats paid. So that would be amazing too!! Cross your fingers for me, the application goes in today.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    good luck giz!!

My good news is that after inquiring with DirecTV today about upgrading to the HD programming (which requires a new receiver and dish), they offered it to me FOR FREE!!! They are coming Tuesday - no shipping, no installation, no nuttin'!!

I'm happy but my husband is, dare I say, ecstatic.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    That's great news, giz! I know it's hurtful, but don't worry too much about the lies this woman spreads about you. And you're right--if you have custody of the kids, then that must mean that you're more sane and moral than the nutjob she's involved with (your ex)! My guess is your husband is trying to impress this woman and thinks that having the kids around makes him look more like a "good" dad. Whatever. He won't be your problem much longer!

And good luck with the union thing! Massages? Dang! I want a piece of that union action!

marybethp, whoo hoo! That's a nice little treat! We have HD now (and have to pay dearly for it!) but we love it.

As for me...I'm still pregnant! Saw the baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound. Keeping fingers crossed!

That's always SO exciting seeing that tiny little heart beat on ultrasound. Best wishes to you and baby, Lois Lane!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I am probably going to take my mom out for lunch saturday, cus it is my parents' wedding annivarsary. My dad will be out of town, so i thought i'd do somethin for my mom. They will have been married for 28 years, and they dated 5 years befor that. They have also known eachother their entire lives.

Oh yes, and I checked my grades from summer quarter at school. I got 2 A's and 2 A-'s. And my GPA is still 3.8! Why is my college GPA higher than my high school one was? lol
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

My boyfriend passed his doctoral dissertation with flying colours. Now he just has one more course to finish before he can call himself Mr. Fatale, Ph.D

The bad part of this is; now he's unemployed...

femmefatale: That's DR. Fatale isn't it!

Congrats to him but sorry to hear about the unemployed part. That sucks. I hope he finds something soon.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBrat View Post
    Oh yes, and I checked my grades from summer quarter at school. I got 2 A's and 2 A-'s. And my GPA is still 3.8! Why is my college GPA higher than my high school one was? lol
    You're not a SuperBrat. You're a SuperBrain!

myrosiedog, thanks for the mini party!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    femmefatale: That's DR. Fatale isn't it!

Congrats to him but sorry to hear about the unemployed part. That sucks. I hope he finds something soon.
    Well, I did add the Ph.D... or Dr. I don't know which is correct. However I guess I will never, ever call him anything other than his first name anyways, so I don't really have to worry.

This could go in the good news or bad news thread, but I decided to be an optimist. The bad news is that my nephew just shipped to the middle east but the good news is that he will be in Qatar, which I'm told is the safest place to be in that hornet's nest.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

+ Reply to Thread