+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    AB - that's awesome - what a good kid!

I have a tiny bit of good news, but it made me happy. My husband and I are celebrating our 10 year anniversary and we're going away for the weekend - the Hilton was $199/night. I just found the rate for $159 on the Hilton website and called and they lowered the price. That's $80 for the 2 nights. Yay me! It just made me happy - usually things like that don't go my way

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    AI just found the rate for $159 on the Hilton website and called and they lowered the price. That's $80 for the 2 nights. Yay me! It just made me happy - usually things like that don't go my way
    Whoo hoo! Get a spa treatment with that money. That reduction really adds up once you factor in the taxes etc. That was really smart thinking! And happy anniversary!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Whoo hoo! Get a spa treatment with that money. That reduction really adds up once you factor in the taxes etc. That was really smart thinking! And happy anniversary!
    A girl after my own heart! That's a great idea. It just baffles me that the same room should cost differently (like airline seats too!). I guess that belongs in the pet peeves thread

Thanks for the good wishes! I was so excited!

I read a while back that the price they give is their starting price. I don't think I've paid the quoted price since then. Quibble with them and you may be surprised next time.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Ana Bannana--WHAT a GREAT kid! What a sweetheart--you all did a good job on that one!

Ana-I think that son of yours is a "keeper"

marybeth--oooooh I love a great deal! Have a wonderful weekend!

I was able to cancel out of a contract for natural gas without penalty or cost! Whew! I hadn't been able to sleep for a couple days because it had to be done in writing and such within a certain time. I would have been stuck for 5 years at a rate which wasn't that great.

I was overwhelmed when the rep. came to my house and signed me up. I felt really pressured and not very intelligent about what was being discussed. I'm so glad I got out in time. I'll sleep better tonight.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've been able to actually stay here this morning without any trouble posting or staying on the site. Wheee!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

giz
    I may, and I think I should whisper here, be allowed to join the union. This would mean in the immediate sense, that I could apply for jobs internally. As I'm casual til the end of October and then don't know where I'm going to work, this is great news. If I get work lasting one more month after that I'll get benefits. They will pay for all our prescriptions, glasses, massage, counselling, anything like that for only $33 per month. So I'm pretty excited. I'll know in two weeks if I got accepted. It looks good though.

Also, we went to mediation today and my horrible, horrible ex-husband agreed to pay me child support on the first of the month into my bank account!! I've been asking him for a couple of months now to do that and for whatever reason (the law?) he just rolled over and agreed (up til now it's been when he felt like it, and into the old joint account). On the down side I've agreed to let him take the kids out to her house one night a week for dinner. I hate that!! I know they need to like her, and I'm trying to pretend to think it's a great idea, but it's killing me. She's told people I'm mentally ill and psychotic*, and a bunch of other nasty stuff so I am not wild about the kids going out there. But I'm swallowing it for the time being. They have been gone 20 minutes and I miss them already. He said he won't return them by 8, so that's going to be tricky as I think they need to start having baths and getting ready for bed then. *And if I was crazy why would I have custody of the kids and a job?

Oh, my other good news is that I've got his key off him, and my lawyer says he does not get it back!! He is totally steamed about that, but no way is he retaining a key to the place where I live. He might co-own it, but he's not coming in without my say-so. He's totally furious about this, but it was giving me the creeps him having it, so I blow him a raspberry!!
    Last edited by giz; 09-28-2006 at 07:51 PM.

giz

Great news on the job benefits giz! Finally some good news comes your way.

Smart move that the ex is paying directly into your account, AND that he doesn't get a key to the house anymore. He has no right to just wander in and out as he pleases.

I'm sure it's killing you about the one night a week visits, but you are right that the kids need to be given the chance to see him. Too bad SHE is there.

Is it possible for THEM to sign something in writing with you that neither party will speak negatively or badly about the other in front of the children? I've heard that is done sometimes. Mind you, that doesn't mean it would happen.

Anyway, nice to see you posting something in this thread instead of, you know, the "other" one!

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread