+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Roses - that is AWESOME!!!! I bet her poor little neck is skinny! That's wonderful news

That's wonderful news, Roses.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Wow Roses...that is fabulous news. She is so very lucky! Neck/spinal injuries can be devestating.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Lois Lane---I've been off the general discussion threads for a while--spending so much time reading about the live feeds on BB there's no time for anything else if I'm actually going to do some work ()--but I wanted to add my congratulations, too. Terrific news! Hope all is going well, and you are having a good first trimester.
    So much good news on this site...hopping from the bad news thread to this one and reading a few weeks worth of each at once is headspinning!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Thank you PWS. I am really tired, nauseous and cried yesterday watching an episode of the "Gilmore Girls" I had recorded a while ago (and it wasn't even sad), so I think I've got all the good symptoms that the pregnancy is progressing. At this point, I'm forcing myself to eat 'cause I never want to eat anything anymore--a first for me--but a full stomach helps ward off the nausea for some reason!

roseskid, that's is fantastic news! How wonderful it must be for this brave young woman to start college AND learn she's going to be fine! I'm so happy for her!

Hey, Pickles, I hope you and your friend had a great visit!
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ok. So this didn't happen to me. But it's pretty cool. Our local JOE FM station has been running this promotion for months. You need to answer your phone with "I Listen to Joe" and then name a song that they just played during the last hour when they call. Answering machines count too.

If you say the first part, you win $1,000. If you say both parts, and name a song, you win $10,000. A few people have won $1,000. No-one has won it big.

They just made a call and a lady just won the $10,000. From her answering machine. She wasn't home when they called but she left the message correctly. Wow.

Wish that would have been me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Premium Member
    roseskid - That is great news! Thanks for giving us an update on how she's doing.

My son Joe is a Junior in High School. They have a girl in their class, Allison, who has been battling a brain tumor and cancer for a few years now, and misses a lot of school. Well, homecoming is October 6, and each class elects 2 girls and 2 boys as their representative (the senior class gets 5 each for King/Queen candidates). Anyway, Joe rallyed his buddies together to try and elect Allison as one of their reps. He just sent me a text message - she is in!!
    I replied and told him I thought he did a great job. He sent me another and said "Oh, by the way, I was elected too!!!"
    I just love that kid!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Ana Bannana, what great news! That should be an uplifting experience for Allison. And Joe sounds like a wonderful kid indeed!

+ Reply to Thread