+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I'm excited for her (and you)! My grandson had all those classes and he doesn't have to take some of the college courses that he would have otherwise. I'm sure it's the same where she will go. NC or SC? Can't remember. My nephew teaches at Furman, if that's spelled right.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    This is where she wanted to go, where we wanted her to go and everyone kept saying we'd never get her in.
    Why would people say that? HOW RUDE! But enough about them...congrats! I'm sure she'll excell there. She's a smart cookie.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I'm excited for her (and you)! My grandson had all those classes and he doesn't have to take some of the college courses that he would have otherwise. I'm sure it's the same where she will go. NC or SC? Can't remember. My nephew teaches at Furman, if that's spelled right.
    I applied for a job at Furman, but haven't heard anything yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Why would people say that? HOW RUDE! But enough about them...congrats! I'm sure she'll excell there. She's a smart cookie.

It wasn't that they didn't think she was smart enough its just that they only take so many kids and the other schools that we talked too only had a few openings and literally dozens of applicants, so we were told it was too late in the year to apply and get her in for this school year as they wouldn't have any openings. But they did.

Now if the job situation would just go as smoothly for hubby and then me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    Great news!! Our granddaughter was born today or should I say yesterday (8-10). Natalie Joann, 8 lbs. 2 oz. Mother and baby are doing well. Good news, grandma, me, gets to keep the other 3 until Mom comes home or Dad is home enough to get them wherever it is they need to go. It's going to be a fun weekend.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

applesauce: Hooray for moving in on your house-in-construction...remember to take lots of pics so you can tell stories later!

myrosiedog: What great news about your daughter getting into the high school she wanted. A great relief by the sounds of it!

gracie: Congratulations Grandma!! Have fun on the weekend!
    ----
    My little good news is my BIL may put in a new light fixture in my bathroom this weekend. I've been waiting for over a year. The light bars for the old one presently there are no longer made, and by winter, I might not have light. If the weather is good, however, he's going to the lake. I'm praying for rain on Sunday.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Gracie! That is wonderful news.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I applied for a job at Furman, but haven't heard anything yet.

It wasn't that they didn't think she was smart enough its just that they only take so many kids and the other schools
    Ohhh, ok then! Well that just proves she's even smarter than I thought to nab one of those spots! Yay!

What's Furman?

And Gracie, congrats on your new grandbaby and getting to spoil the other children this weekend! I'm sure a good time will be had by all!

Myrosiedog--Wonderful news..what a great opportunity for her..outstanding!

Gracie--every grandchild is so special...congratulations on the new little one and have a blast this weekend with the others...
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Congrats Gracie!!

Being a grandma rocks, huh?!!! We've got the 2 girls already and this next one is a boy.

I just love coming in here and reading all the good news y'all talk about. It makes me all warm and fuzzy. Or maybe it's just the weather. Either way....

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    Ohhh, ok then! Well that just proves she's even smarter than I thought to nab one of those spots! Yay!

What's Furman?

And Gracie, congrats on your new grandbaby and getting to spoil the other children this weekend! I'm sure a good time will be had by all!
    Furman University

Add my congratulations to Gracie on the new baby. Have a great weekend with the others. My little one is here for a while, too.

+ Reply to Thread