+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Gutmutter: my condolences on the passing of your father. Your family is in my prayers. Welcome home. Your trip sounds marvelous in the true meaning of the word. I too look forward to pictures.

myrosiedog: your new home looks charming. Wishing you nothing but happiness in it.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Gut - sorry about your Pop - your trip sounds spectacular.

Yup - WDW is Walt Disney World and I booked it, but am not going until January when New York is niiiiiiiiiice and cold.

Manny - I'm loving those shoes!!! Glad they are comfy. It's like a bonus when you get a nice looking shoe that is comfy too!!

MRD - house looks adorable and the street looks like one I'd love to live on - lots of nice trees

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I found out the hard way that sandals just won't work at Disney!
    Went out to get a nice pair of comfortable tennis shoes before we actually went to the Disney park. We want to go back to Florida, but want to stay at a beach somewhere down there. Gulf side, OR Atlantic..doesn't matter. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like there to be lots to do, also..like shopping.
    Angelic
    My sister lives in Miami Beach. Since I live on the other coast, when I go see her we like to do special stuff together instead of just hanging out at her house. We went to Sanibel Island one year and stayed in a condo right on the gulf....the condo was clean, large, and only $100, we have gone down to Key Largo to snorkel...fun! and she just got back from staying at an island off of Palm Beach for a few days...a quick getaway for her.

Last year we went on a cruise together and when we got off the boat, we stayed at a hotel in Balharbor near South Beach just to rest after the cruise lol. It was an older hotel (not many left) but was on the beach and was close to the bus stop, famous mall down the rd, Publix 1/2 block away, food, everything.....I was there 2 days before going back to west coast and shopped and shopped walking distance. If you want more details just pm me...good luck
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

Sounds like an awesome trip, Gutmutter! Very sorry to hear about your dad, though.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Gutmutter, yay for nice trips! Sorry about your dad, though

My good news: We just filled out our very last Rent check.
    From now on it's Mortgage checks for us
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Sorry to hear of the loss of your dad, Gut. Sounds like you had a great time in Africa, though. Can't wait to see pics.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Gutmutter, welcome back. Your trip sounded amazing. I'm sorry to hear that your father passed away while you were gone and hope you're able to heal, mourn and honor his memory. He sounded like a wonderful man.

Myrosiedog, your new house looks idyllic and like it'll be a lot of fun turning into your home. Congrats!

Thanks for all your kind thoughts. I sure missed this place. I thought of you all often. After I checked in here yesterday I had photos made at CVS, did grocery shopping and banking and then hit a brick wall. We are having a heat wave in New England. My daughter wanted me to see Pirates of the Carribean so the idea of air conditioning won out. I woke up at 3:30 this morning and made myself go back to bed for an hour. 7 hours is a huge time difference to adapt to. I'll try again to figure out how to get photos here. Nice house rosiedog!
    Count your blessings!

My condolences to you and your family Gut. Your trip sounds amazing. I'm looking forward to your pictures. It sounds like you had a great time.

I found out today that come March 9th or so, I'm going to be an aunt!!!

I have waited for this day for years!!
    "The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N." Wooderson, "Dazed & Confused"

+ Reply to Thread