+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

anemone: Disney World? I never would have guessed...thanks! Enjoy your vacation too! I hope the weather is not too hot or cold. Just right!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My pleasures are simple. New shoes! And, boy, are they comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    dixiepixie: a full time job.... What will you be doing?
    I'll be a supervisor in a women's clothing store. Funny thing is I didn't even apply, she just recognized me from shopping *lol* Asked me to sit down for an interview and said she wanted to hire me.

Nice new runners you've got there Manny.
    Dixie does that mean now you'll get a discount?

That is great dixiepixie: You'll get the scoop on the new goods coming into the store and could probably snag your size before the public gets it; and with a staff discount. COOL.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Discounts are fun

Nice shoes, Mantenna! There's nothing like comfy shoes. I found that out when we went to Disney World!

anemone - I hope you enjoy your vacation!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Nice shoes, Mantenna! There's nothing like comfy shoes. I found that out when we went to Disney World!

anemone - I hope you enjoy your vacation!

I've always said that Disney could make ANOTHER fortune by having a line of foot massage booths right outside the gate at the end of the day. Even in comfy shoes, all that walking gets to you after a while.

And whoever's coming to Disney, be prepared. It is HOT, HOT, HOT here right now. I mean scorching. My advice is to take a backpack with bottled water and refill it from the fountains. At $2-3 a pop for a bottle of water, you can rack up a huge drink bill when its this hot. They also sell those battery fans with misters in them. I got mine at Walmart for $5. Disney sells them for $15.
    Do the "outdoor" stuff early or late and do the things that are indoors like the shows, etc. during the hot part of the day.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I found out the hard way that sandals just won't work at Disney!
    Went out to get a nice pair of comfortable tennis shoes before we actually went to the Disney park. We want to go back to Florida, but want to stay at a beach somewhere down there. Gulf side, OR Atlantic..doesn't matter. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd like there to be lots to do, also..like shopping.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD
    Well we found a house in SC. It's in Greer, just outside of Greenville. Only about 7 miles from Greenville. Now need the job and school situation fixed.
    High school we want our daughter to go to is 4 miles from our house. High school we are districted for is 8 miles away. Go figure!
    Hubby has a few job prospects and one firm offer. The firm offer was laughably low, but we may have to take it for now until we can get moved and find something better.

The house is cute, the subdivision is nice, the town is even better and the BMW plant is there. I could go to work there and get a GREAT deal on a beamer! LOL!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread