+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Today it's my and my boyfriend's 3.5 year anniversary. And I still love him like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by femme fatale View Post
    Today it's my and my boyfriend's 3.5 year anniversary. And I still love him like crazy

Well! GOOD FOR YOU, and I hope he does as well. (loves you not himself)
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Congrats, femme fatale! Are you going somewhere tonight to celebrate?
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Naw, we're not doing anything special. It is just the feeling of having been together for so long and still love each other.

Well, thought I'd share my news. As of the beginning of August I am starting my first full-time job and leaving my crappy (low paying) part-time job of the last 5 years. I am really excited!

It's my last evening of work before my holidays start! We've got a wedding in Alberta this weekend, then it's off to Manitoba the next week. I'm going to be well-travelled by the time my holidays are over. I might need a few more days off! Plus, my sweetie popped the question last week (I said yes of course ) so now I can show off my sparkly to both our families (his in MB, mine in AB)!
    "I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist" -Ricky, Trailer Park Boys

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    my little bit of good news for today is I booked a trip to WDW for January and not only did I get good priced flights, I got 10 free itunes downloads per ticket, so I have 30 songs to download (well, 18 now since I already got some!)

MRD
    My finger is NOT broken. Idiots at the ER on Mon., can't read an xray.

One of my friends 9 year old daughter slammed my hand in the car door. My pinkie took the brunt, swelled up like a sausage and turned purple. Went to the ER, they say its broken, splint me up and give me pain meds. I saw the orthopedic this morning, he looks at the SAME xrays they took in the ER, looks at the finger and says: It's not broken, only badly bruised.
    He says the best thing for it is to get the splint off and flex the finger as much as possible before the joint freezes up. I asked if typing would help and he laughed and said yes, best exercise for it. So now I am back!!!!

But still peeved at the ER. What the heck are they good for in situations like this? They don't have orthopedics on hand anymore. They just stabilize you and send you on to a doctor later in the week.
    When I was 9, I broke my wrist, the ER xrayed, casted it and sent me on my way. Not anymore. And apparantly no one there can read an Xray anymore either. ARRRGGGHHHH!!!

Still happy to be able to use my hand again as even tho it was a finger, it still hampered anything I did with that hand.

Plus was not looking forward to all the packing I have to do to move in 3 weeks with a broken finger and now that I know its not broken, whoopee, I can pack (note the sarcasm here! )

However, this is definetly good news that its not broken.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

femme fatale: That is great news! Have fun celebrating

dixiepixie: a full time job.... What will you be doing?

meezermom: CONGRATULATIONS on your ENGAGEMENT! Have a great time on holidays and keep us posted on all your wedding plans! Let's see that sparkly of yours!

myrosiedog: Well, at least you got some good pain meds outta the deal

marybethp
    : Where is WDW? I hope you have fun wherever you go!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Wow!! Congratulations on all the good news going around!

misskitty: WDW = Walt Disney World? It is just a guess.

My good news: I start a week of vacation tomorrow. Work has been ca-ray-zee this summer and I've had to postpone a couple times. Good thing I didn't have any thing planned except working around the house. But I finally get to have a break!

+ Reply to Thread