+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I am starting a temp job tomorrow

I have done so many teaching job interviews this summer and it is driving me nuts just sitting around waiting. So now at least I will be doing something and getting a little money in the bank account. I couldn't be happier.

well if I got a teaching job I would be over the moon.

Still this a good start.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Good luck JLuvs!

Roses - I LOVE the Origins products - I bet you will too. That sounds like a fun package

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Congrats Ana...that is a HUGE accomplishment! Love that your husband is on board with recognizing your efforts!

My big news (at least to me) is that our sailboat that halfway sank 4 weeks ago tomorrow is back in the water today. She's been up on crutches while we hashed it all out with insurance. They totalled her out, but we're retaining her for salvage value and will make the repairs ourselves as time and money allow.

So, she's not quite ready to sail again (she's being towed back to our slip ) BUT a rebuilt engine, new wiring and flooring and some other stuff once all is said and done, she will still be ours to enjoy. A little bruised, but still alive!

Coincidentally, we've had 2 weeks of rain off and on plus blistering heat and humidity with virtually zero wind, so we're trying to convince ourself we haven't missed much in the way of good sailing this last month while we were waiting. It has been an emotional roller coaster and I'm just glad that it is all coming to a close and we can finally start trying to return her to a habitable condition.

The Beauty & The Geek will sail again! This is her at her worst
    Last edited by Igotalife; 08-03-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

JLuvs: great news on the job! Even if it's not the perfect one....yet.
    roseskid: What a nice gift basket! Enjoy every single piece!
    Igotalife: WooHoo, you got your boat back! I know how very upset and sad you were that it drownded. I'm glad the insurance kicked in for the major repairs and she may sail once again in the moonlight
    ---------

My little piece of good news is that my evil twin sinister called and got FREE corporate tickets to the Grand Prix this weekend! The weather will be hot, and we get to sit in the sponsor seats right above the pit! I've never been so it should be kinda cool. I heard the noise for 3 days last year, but couldn't go.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by marybethp View Post
    Roses - I LOVE the Origins products - I bet you will too. That sounds like a fun package
    I've never bought any kind of product other than Maybelline or Cover Girl, so this a really big deal for me. I'm so excited, and have been having a terrific time sampling everything.

Igotaboat, I'm so happy for you and hope that B&G will be once again sailing you across the waters very soon. There's nothing like smoothly sailing along, with the engine off, and just the sound of the wind, water and the clanging of the lines against the mast.

Miss Kitty
    , I'm having a tough time understanding how evil and sinister someone is if they give you sponsor seats above the pit at the Grand Prix. Is the description a joke?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

roseskid - wow, lucky you! I LOVE EL products. Love their perfumes. Have fun using them all.

JLuvs - best of luck at your teaching job. Good way to get your "foot in the door" for a teaching job.

IGotALife - Glad your boat will be back in service soon. Sailing sounds sooo relaxing.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    Miss Kitty, I'm having a tough time understanding how evil and sinister someone is if they give you sponsor seats above the pit at the Grand Prix. Is the description a joke?
    YES, roseskid, I have two older "sinisters". One is my twin. Older twin. (those few minutes are VERY important). We are very, very different so I affectionately refer to her here as my "evil twin sinister". Her boss gave her the corporate passes and I'm floored that we're even going. She doesn't like to go anywhere, ever. No matter what I invite her to or suggest we attend, she never wants to go. Every year, I ask her if she wants to go to the Exhibition, the grand prix (last year), or any of the many festivals we have each summer. It's always No.

She now works for the Fantasyland Hotel in West Edmonton Mall. It's the "West Edmonton Mall Grand Prix". The only reason we are going to this is because it came through her office, so she "needs" to go and see what is there so she can discuss it with her boss later on. And she knows I'll always attend something with her if she needs a "date". I honestly don't care why she's motivated this year, I'm just glad we're going to check it out!

I can hear the roar of the engines today from my back yard....VROOM VROOM VROOOM!
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-21-2006 at 04:12 PM.

Thought I"d report back on my Grand Prix experience! (see sinister comments in Koffee Klatch as well).

It was FAB-U-LOUS! If you ever get the chance to go, GO. I saw an Atlantic car race (smaller cars), a judged Drifting race, a Cascar race, AND the Champ Car Grand Prix final qualifying round. The roar of the engines, the racers, the fans, and cars, cars, cars! I wish we had more time there to experience it all. Luckily, under 100 degree heat, we had seats under the Hospitality Grandstand. Too cool. I mean, neat-o. Got a photo of the Miss Grand Prix winner and contestants signed by the girls for my sweetie (it's a surprise). Had a fantastic view of one of the difficult turns and the pits and pit crew. Almost saw Paul Newman (he went by, I just wasn't looking there). And the trophy awards ceremony of the Cascar winners; all close up.

I watched the final race this morning/afternoon on tv. How much more fun when you know what it's like right beside the track. Wilson won with Bourdais in second followed by Allmendinger. C. MacTavish of the Oiler's made the call to the drivers by saying: "Katherine and gentlemen, start your engines!" There is ONE woman driver in the roster.

And I'm not even a huge car fan. Boy do I ever want one of those Ford Mustange Convertables. It was the pace car. Sweet!

These are general photos so you can see what I am talking about. I'll post my photos once I get them back!

Attachment 17846Attachment 17847Attachment 17848Attachment 17849Attachment 17850
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Miss Kitty - I'm so glad that you enjoyed the grand prix. My "bother" lol - brother and I have had Mustang convertibles since we learned how to drive. The Bother does a bit of racing - 86 and 96 Mustang GTs. I don't race (enjoy watching it though) and currently drive a 92 Mustang Convertible. They are sooooooo fun to drive.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

doxie: Your "bother" I think the pace car was this: A 2007 Ford Shelby GT500 coupe. Sweeet! (it has a sweet price too )

Attachment 17858
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 02:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread