+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

I am very happy for you, Ana Bannana, not to mention more than just a little envious. Congrats to you, and a hearty, manly handshake for Mr. Bannana.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

AnaBanana: Congrats on looking so FINE! I lost 40 pounds once... now I have to do some of that once-again

angelic_one: I took art lessons from our gallery and privately when I was younger. Acrylic painting, japanese brush painting, chalk and oil pastel, charcoal, painting on silk (learned in Mexico) and a bit of tile work. I still love the immediacy of photography, but miss actively creating something. Even if it was refinishing furniture or spray painting metal cats for my yard. Gotta do some thinking about what I can get into come fall.

------------

Good news it that my neighbors raspberry bushes in the alley are dropping sweet berries like crazy. Managed to swipe some (they let me) for my Mom and Dad to have with cream. yum. Love fresh fruit. We only have it for such a short time up here.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Fantastic...and healthy sounding approach! Are you doing a lot of walking or going to a gym, or what?
    Well, since you have asked...
    I gave up sugar and white flour - and anything containing them. I have determined that it is like crack to me and I cannot stay away from it. ONE TASTE AND I COULD BE UP 50 POUNDS IN A MONTH! That was how I lost the inital 25 or so pounds. Then, I started walking on my treadmill, and I FINALLY am trying to figure out my husbands bow-flex. I figure the thing has set in that room collecting dust long enough. $1500 was a lot of money to pay for a Dust collector.
    Thanks for the pat on the back folks. I totally appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Thanks for the pat on the back folks. I totally appreciate it!
    And you deserve it! Great job, Ana!

Great job, Ana Bannana! I'm proud of you!
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Well, since you have asked...
    I gave up sugar and white flour - and anything containing them. I have determined that it is like crack to me and I cannot stay away from it....
    That is SO accurate a statement for me as well. Sugar = crack. And it's a really hard addiction to break. I'm working on that one right now. You are an inspiration!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    That is SO accurate a statement for me as well. Sugar = crack. And it's a really hard addiction to break. I'm working on that one right now. You are an inspiration!
    Good luck misskitty! My advice - stop cold turkey, and if you make it through 4 complete days sugar free, the rest is downhill.

Wow Ana, you are impressive. Great work.

I wasn't exactly sure where to put this, but since it is good news, I thought this was as good a place as any. Our daughter's college friend stayed with us for seven days, and it was her first visit to California. We went from the mountains to the beach to Hollywood and had a terrific time. Her mother works for Estee Lauder's corporate office, and to thank us she just sent us a HUGE canvas bag FILLED with EL, Origins and Clinique products. Some examples:

Oil-Free SunSpray
    Nail Polishes
    Several Perfumes
    Liquid Eye Liner
    Intuition Hair and Body Wash for Men
    Protective Anti-Oxidant Crème
    Clinique Repairwear Deep Wrinkle Concentrate (I DO NOT NEED THIS )
    Mascara
    Eye Shadow
    Travel Bag completely stuffed with Clinique travel-size goodies
    Several gloss lip glosses
    Origins Sensory Gumballs
    Origins Lip Balm
    Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind Spray relief (not sure what this is, but anxious to try it - I could use some peace of mind)

I feel like putting it all on, all at once, but I might be mistaken for a hooker (a rich hooker, but a hooker nonetheless). I think Kristin should come visit at least four times/year.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

So Chrisatmas came early for you , eh roses? That's a cool thank you gift.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    Wow Ana, you are impressive. Great work.
    ...I feel like putting it all on, all at once, but I might be mistaken for a hooker (a rich hooker, but a hooker nonetheless).
    Or you might shrink! Remember the movie The Incredible Shrinking Woman with Lily Tomlin?
    And thanks for the props.

+ Reply to Thread