+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I love all the good news in here!
    anemone - awesome about the 15% - that rocks!
    Gut, I missed it but hope you're having a blast - you deserve it!!
    MRD - enjoy the smaller sizes - I'm working on it and hope to be jumping up and down with you
    Snoopy - miracles do happen. Yay for Emily!! I'll keep her in my prayers

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    That's great news myrosie - new clothes have a way of making us women feel better don't they?! Now you can show them off while visiting your family this weekend. Be safe and have fun!

P.S. About the new lap dog behavior you posted in the other thread about one of your JR's, maybe he's reacting to the upcoming move, such as all the packing. Animals are sensitive to changes in the house. When we go on a trip and the suitcase comes out my dog acts a little funny. Or maybe he just wanted to give you special attention
    I hope you are talking about the capris and not the new underwear!!!!

Actually we have not started packing yet. I know, I am going to be putting in late nights, but until we got the biopsy news, I haven't wanted to jinx anything by packing. Besides the house we are in now was supposed to be a temp house when we moved in 18 months ago, so most is still packed up and stored in the garage. I never hung pictures or did any decorating in this house, so it won't be as hard and we are selling the living and dining room furniture, so that cuts down on a lot too.

As for the dog. This behavior started when the daily thunderstorms started. He likes to be held when he's scared (as opposed to Rosie who goes and hides). Then I guess he liked it so much that now he wants to be held all the time. YOu can tell he's very satisfied by my holding him as he goes to sleep and immediately begins to weigh more. Actually its not so bad until my arm goes to sleep because I can ask my hubby and daughter to get me a refill or a sandwich or something so as not to disturb the dog.
    And no, they don't think that's a valid reason for me not to get up, darn it!
    This dog has always been very attached to me and always wanting to touch me, even if its just laying at my feet touching me or sitting next to me on the couch. But he's never really been a lap dog before this summer or enjoyed being held much until now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    OOPS!!!

Sorry for the long response above. I somehow thought I was in Koffee Klatch and not good news and now its too late to edit.

So can I add that my good news today is that hubby brought me breakfast and coffee from my favorite little Italian cafe and that is indeed good news as he doesn't do that often.

Marybeth, good luck on the weight loss. I'll jump up and down with you, just let me know when.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm officially on vacation as of 5:00 p.m. today. No plans for the week other than going out knocking on doors to solicit door prizes and sponsors for my car show fundraiser for Children's Hospital in September.

Enjoy your vacation, Unk.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Unk: Enjoy your vacation Unk. I hope your car show fundraiser gets lots of support!

myrosiedog: My twin sinister and I just went to Wall-Busy yesterday and each got a pair of jean capris as well. With embroidery on the side slits and on sale

angelic_one: Thanks, I did enjoy the Art Walk. There were 120 artists and it was great fun. And I didn't buy a thing. I got lots of business cards and wanted to buy but didn't. I also got a bit enthused about getting back into doing something artsy myself, maybe during the winter. I always loved art.
    ---------
    Well, the new owner of my Baba's house got possession this weekend. The cheque didn't bounce and he's starting to move in. All is well in that neck of the wood. Finally.

Oh, and ANOTHER house got bulldozed just down the block. Something nice will be built, I'm sure. That makes three this year already. The value of my neighborhood is going up as we speak
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Do you paint, misskitty? You had mentioned getting back into doing something artsy.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

So much going on - glad you are all doing so well.
    Unk - nothing like a vacation where you really do get to relax. Not much worse than returning from a vacation, feeling like you need another one because you were so tired from all the fun. Enjoy your kitties and get lots of rest.

My news, hmmm...well, I have lost 40 pounds through cutting carbs and adding exercise. My husband gave me quite a whistle as I was walking downstairs to leave for work. Made me feel pretty good.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    My news, hmmm...well, I have lost 40 pounds through cutting carbs and adding exercise. My husband gave me quite a whistle as I was walking downstairs to leave for work. Made me feel pretty good.

40 pounds?!!! CONGRATS! THAT's AMAZING!!!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane View Post
    40 pounds?!!! CONGRATS! THAT's AMAZING!!!!
    Fantastic...and healthy sounding approach! Are you doing a lot of walking or going to a gym, or what?

+ Reply to Thread