+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree609Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Gutmutter - have fun in Africa! And I'll keep you in my prayers while you're gone. I can't wait to see your pictures in the vacation thread!

Have a safe and fun trip, Gut!
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Gutmutter, have a fantastic time! I'd like to go to Africa one day, too!

You'll be in all our thoughts!

I'm too late I think, but have a SUPERB time Gutmutter. You certainly deserve a fabulous vacation! And do take tons of photos.

We anxiously await your safe and happy return!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I will add my prayers for a safe, wonderful journey for you.

Well, it ain't a trip to Africa, but I just saved a bunch of money on my -- groceries!
    1st - My state finally repealed the sales tax on groceries.
    2nd - My Safeway card was picked for an automatic 15% off until September. Since it is the store I shop at the most for groceries anyway that is gonna come in handy.

That's great news anemone!

My good news is that I'm going to the big annual Art Walk on Whyte Ave. Sat.(the Ave that was trashed during the playoffs ). I've never been and it's going to be a very nice day to putz up and down the avenue seeing artists of every kind over 7 blocks. Better leave my credit card at home
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Enjoy the Art Walk, misskitty! Sounds like fun!
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

MRD
    My daughter and I are going off for the weekend to see my aunt, cousins, brother, neices and nephew. This is the last visit before we move out of state. They live in Tampa which has a huge Cuban population so we are having yummy cuban food. Can't wait and my aunt wants me to bring my homemade pimento cheese (not at all like that yucky orange stuff in the stores) which I love and don't make often as no one else here will eat it.

What kills me is that my husband will eat a cheese sandwich with mayo, but won't eat the pimento cheese and he likes pimentos in stuff too.

It's basically cheese, mayo and pimento and that's it! Weird.

But back to my good news. I get to see family and eat good food and Mr. Grouch is staying home. (he's been in a foul mood all week due to work and his tendenitis flaring up).
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD
    I was grocery shopping in Wal-hell today and the way our new store is set up, you have to go through clothes to get to housewares which are on the opposite side of the store from food (should go post THAT in the pet peeve thread).

Anyway, saw some cute jean capris on my way to get cleaners and decided to try them on as all my pants are so big that the crotch is at my knees on them.

Anyway, I needed a smaller size than I thought!!!!
    I was jumping up and down in the dressing room. Was so excited that I decided to celebrate and buy new smaller underwear too.

And I got a pair of other capris that were on clearance.
    So that is my goodnews today.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

That's great news myrosie - new clothes have a way of making us women feel better don't they?! Now you can show them off while visiting your family this weekend. Be safe and have fun!

P.S. About the new lap dog behavior you posted in the other thread about one of your JR's, maybe he's reacting to the upcoming move, such as all the packing. Animals are sensitive to changes in the house. When we go on a trip and the suitcase comes out my dog acts a little funny. Or maybe he just wanted to give you special attention

+ Reply to Thread