+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree820Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    Oh Mellon,
    WHAT A JERK! Kudos to you for sticking it out. Not all men are like that, so don't let one frog keep you from going back to the pond.

Next time ask for separate checks tho.

What amazes me is that a lot of men think that they ARE going to get Kate Moss from a dating service or the best one is the men that say: I'd love to go to a nudist colony. I guess they think that is where all the models hang out, but in truth, most nudists are just normal people with all the lumps and bumps that we all have hidden under our clothes.
    I think women tend to be more realistic about expectations and some men just have unrealistic fantasies.

Good luck. And thanks for sharing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mellon, your story is sad, but so funny. I think every woman here has met this jerk, in some form. I swear I would have asked him for some change from my $20. That is the rudest thing I've heard of lately.

Now don't you feel blessed that you don't have to go home to a jerk like that every night?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Mellon--love your attitude about that guy, and thanks for my morning laugh---at least he looked a little apologetic (while stealing your money!!). On the plus side, you did get the whole first date in ages thing over with someone you didn't care at all about, so hopefully when someone comes along who's a little more promising you won't have those first date nerves...or at least they'll only be about having a first date with HIM, not in general.
    One other good thing...you were able to tell from the phone conversation that this was a very unlikely match, so now you know you can trust your phone instincts!
    Better luck next time--there are SOME nice guys out there... it only takes one!

Thanks guys - I'm just happy that I've been laughing about it since I got in my car (exactly 48 minutes after point of meeting LOL) last night - that's a great sign.

I've dated quite a few "great" guys so I do know that they're out there - I just have to wait for him to find me when I least expect it!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Mellon, it's good that you can laugh about it. I don't think I could've been as nice about the money though. It reminds me of a guy I went out with once who said he only had $2 when the check came. I paid the entire bill and tip, gave him the $3 change and told him to take the bus home. Oh yeah, I'd picked him up for the date at his mom's house. That should have been my first clue that the date was a waste of time.

Keep looking, Mellon. There are still some good ones out there!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Oh Lil!!! That was very sweet of you to provide him with bus fare!

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Way to go, Lildago.

Mellon, what a creep you ended up with, but at least you haven't let him suck the humor and/or character right out of you. Future dates (certainly not with him), have got to be better than this one, right? You've got a lot going for you, and it's only a matter of time until you're discovered.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellon View Post
    . . . live & learn, right?! At least now I have a story to share and I was able to get home, clean out the litterboxes, and watch Canada's Next Top Model. At least it wasn't a complete waste of a night!
    It wasn't a complete waste of a night at all, Mellon, because you did have the chance to clean out the litterboxes, and I'm sure that was a lot better use of your time than hanging out with that Neanderthal piece of crap was!!!

I wish you much better luck in the future.

My good news: I'm currently on the longest vacation I've taken in five years, and it's been great. I went out to Denver for a week, hooked up with tons of old (and new) friends, and I'm catching up on projects around the house. I'll post some photos in the "vacation" thread.

I had gone to Denver a year ago to move my pal "Salad," an elderly former neighbor, into a nursing home, and I expected the worst after we moved her there. To everyone's surprise she's done extremely well there, and it's been the best thing possible for her. I took her out on four road trips this past week, and we truly had a blast.

I'll post some pictures of the "new and improved Salad" soon, too.

Mellon: Thanks for the laugh! Reminds me why dating is so difficult to get back into. So glad I have a sweetie right now . Hope your next one turns out better.

Pom: Sounds like you're having sooo much fun! A friend of mine moved to Denver a decade ago and loves it. Looking forward to the pics!
    ---------------

My little piece of good news is I stopped into the new Goodwill store (which is a donation store) and found a pair of brown leather faux alligator Stewart Weiztman loafers for $6.99. A little tight, but I have shoe-stretch . Also got some motivation to clean out my closets and donate a bunch of stuff that I have that I don't need.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MissKitty - you can donate that stuff right to my door!!! I LOVE going through my friends stuff before they take it to the Sally-Ann... it's so much fun, and definitely hereditary, my whole family does it!

Pom - I actually told him that the evening wasn't a waste because I could go home & clean the boxes... I don't know if he was bright enough to get that I was completely putting him down... anyone who's cleaned two litter boxes with really bad litter in them can understand the total burn! I was feeling good about it too... My prince is out there somewhere, I'm not worried at all.

+ Reply to Thread