+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Good for you, sleepysluggo...that looks like a ton of fun!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

femme fatale - what will your thesis project be?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    femme fatale - what will your thesis project be?
    I have an enquiring mind too! Your job in itself sounded amazing!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The background for my project is that some medical physicist are trying to develop a program for calculating the radiation doses with Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (don't ask me what it is because I'm not quite sure). My part will be doing the actual measurements and compare them with the calculated values and see if we're both wrong right. If the program works it'll probably be used in all the hospitals in Sweden. So I'm part of a major project, which I find exciting. But the reason I wanted this project is because it is experimental, I wanted to do something other than reading and sitting in front of a computer all days. And I got my wish

My good news is twofold, and kind of silly really... As some of you know from the pet peeves thread, my co-worker can be quite the annoyance most days. As of yesterday, she's off until the 20th. I can't tell you how blissful it is coming into a K-free office!!! I am actually enjoying coming to work!

The other piece of news is that I have a First Date tomorrow night with someone I met through my dating service. I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. This will be my first First date in over 4.5 years...

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Let us know how it goes. I can't remember the last date I went on. I muse about doing the on-line dating thing, but have never actually done anything about it. Sort of like thinking about what I'd do if I won the lottery when I don't play.
    Count your blessings!

Mellon: Fingers crossed for a great first date. Let us know how it went. Is the dating service an on-line one? How does it work?

My good news is that I hit 2,000 posts I remember being happy when I hit 100!

Well I have a job interview in Northern California for a teaching position next week.

I am very excited and nervous. I had a phone interview today and was asked to come up for an interview with the principal.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Good Luck JLuvs! Northern California would be cool ....er, I mean warm, ....um, really nice!

Here is your morning funny... the date...

Well, I'm with LifeMates, a service that matches personalities with personalities and tries to find you a longlasting relationship based on your values & beliefs. It's an interesting concept. It does cost money, but I see it as an investment into my future, and after being in 4 long relationships over the past 11 years (all with committment phobes) it's time I found someone who's serious about their relationship & marriage, etc...

Okay, so our date... I've been talking to P for the past week after being sent his contact info from the service. I truly wasn't going to the date with any expectations after our conversations, but basically did it to get back into the swing of dating again. We truly have very little in common, and while our test answers may have matched us, in reality it was completely wrong. He is truly a 33 year old kid... he loves going to clubs on the weekend, works out 7 days a week (and has NO neck), and thinks he's God's gift to all women, but heaven forbid that you should be larger than Kate Moss.

Anyway, (sense a little sarcasm there, just wait, there's more!) we meet up at a place that's half-way between where we both live. He pulls up in his Mustang with the top down, and immediately I knew this wasn't going to work. He's all about the flash, and I'm so not that girl! Some of you have seen a picture of me, and I'm not a skinny minnie, I have curves where God meant women to have and a body made for giving birth. Does that mean that I'm overweight? Nope and I work out every day either by running, or going to the gym every other day for a weight class. Anywhoodle, we said our hellos and it was written all over his face that he wasn't interested, but we walked inside anyway. Am I glutton for punishment? Apparently so...

Our date was at 7PM... I had worked all day and basically ran home to change to meet up with him. We sit down at a table and he asks if I'm hungry. His tone basically said that he wasn't planning on eating anything, maybe have one drink and get the hell out of there! I told him that I was hungry, and would be ordering something to eat. Please take note of our orders:

Me
    Side Salad ($3.99)
    1 Tom Collins (at most, $6.00)

P
    Chicken Fajita dinner ($8.99)
    2 pints of Coors Lt ($8.00)

So, he makes no attempt at conversation and ogles the waitresses as they walk by. I lamely try to keep up some form of chatter while I finish my salad. He wolfed down four fajitas in a record time of 5 minutes, and chugged his two pints of beer in about 15 (the delay was due to the bar being behind or something, or it would have been 8 minutes). I finally finish my salad (vegetables take a long time to chew & remember, I'm trying to keep some noise going rather than staring at the table). The bill arrives and our total was $28.32. At first, he put a $20 in the folder, and I did the same. All of a sudden, right before the waitress shows up, he takes my $20, and replaces it with a $10. Did I get the $10? Nope, he puts that in his wallet, pulls out change for a tip, and hands it to the waitress. I was too much in shock to say anything and frankly, just wanted to get out of there.

He looks at me apologetically and says "You know that they've told us to be honest when we signed up for this program right? Well, if I'm being honest, you're just not my type". I told him the same, and basically got up before he could even blink an eye and walked out the door before he could say anything else. He was such an idiot! I guess I was the idiot for going through the motions but I'm so out of touch with dating that I thought this would be a good exercise... I was mistaken, but live & learn, right?! At least now I have a story to share and I was able to get home, clean out the litterboxes, and watch Canada's Next Top Model. At least it wasn't a complete waste of a night!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

+ Reply to Thread