+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    This is a few days old now but I thought I'd post about it anyway...I'm in college and I just found out my GPA for the semester and I got 3.67, which was good enough for the Deans List. I'm so happy when my hard work pays off!

I hope everyone is having fun with their families and congrats to everyone's family members that are graduating!
    Congratulations to you, too! Well done.
    Our boy has a high GPA, thank goodness. He is a member of the National Honor Society and we hope he keeps up his good habits once he's off to college. I've already offered him a piece of advice. DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE!

Congrats everyone on your good news. I guess it is the season for graduations and GPA results . Also paws crossed for you GUT as well

I simply got the lawn mowed in between rain showers. And my sweetie misses me, already
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Boss of the Universe
    my good news:i'm so relieved the school year is almost over for me! but i'm also sad about going to another grade and that means growing up

Woohoo! successful cleaning weekend. The mower repair guy returned my mower yesterday so I mowed the field where we will want to play games. I spent a lot more time than I thought it would take to clean the living room but now it looks awesome!!!! I just have the porch and kitchen to finish. I've been doing a little here and there to get started on them. It will be nice when everyone's here and I can just kick back and relax. Arrivals are staggered throughout Fri. (I have an 8 a.m. IV treatment).
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Viviene View Post
    my good news:i'm so relieved the school year is almost over for me! but i'm also sad about going to another grade and that means growing up
    You only have to grow up if you want to. Older, yes, but not up. Enjoy life. You only get one try at it.

And have a great summer.

Congrats to you, dahoney7! That is wonderful! The hard work paid off. What a great accomplishment.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

giz
    I just got back from the hospital and my cancer scare is over! Everything's fine, and as an added bonus my sister-in-law has been calling to see how I'm doing, and also a mum of one of my son's friends called too (I haven't told loads of people, just 2 plus the mum-friend who overheard me on the phone to the mammorgraphy clinic). Also, my sort of ex-husband, who I really did not think cared about me at all, up and offered to drive me out there, pick me up and arrange childcare. That was nice to learn he is not totally without family feelings toward me. I think we will probably break up as he still doesn't know why he "can't get along with" me, but at least we can go out without animosity. Great end to crappy week!

Great news giz! I'm glad everything is okay. I'm sure your husband genuinely cares about your health. Even if a marriage doesn't work it doesn't always mean people quit caring for each other. It sounds like you'll be able to be on friendly terms with him, which is good for the kids.

Now go out and celebrate your good news!

Giz: glad to hear that the health scare turned out ok. Sorry about the marriage thing, but if you can end without animosity, that at least is something.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

giz
    Thanks William and Archie. Kids and I went to the beach tonight and while we were there something in my brain went "ding!". I feel like I've accepted that for whatever reason he's just not that into me. He should be, what's not to like?
    But he's not. The fact that he can be there in an emergency is a big weight off my mind, as I'm sick of being superwoman. I need some back up! So maybe now that I know that, I can let him go and let my hopes go too. Time to move on.

+ Reply to Thread