+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Gutmutter....I will have you in my prayers and sending positive thoughts your way.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Good luck Gut! I used to work in a doctor's office (in Canada however). Couldn't you phone the doctor with the mammos and get them sent to the chemo doctor so you wouldn't have to spend 3 hours getting them? We used to do this using a courier service for our patients when needed.

I wouldn't hurt to try, but I seem to remember there being a hitch in that system last year.
    Count your blessings!

Yeah, I think I'd try to get them faxed to the doctor, Gutmutter. Seems like they'd do that for you.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I hear that on the horizon things like this are going to be digitalized and able to send by computer, but right now we're talking about ginormous films. My good news is that a week from now I will be surrounded by family from Ohio and Chicago to celebrate my son's high school graduation. The downside? I am spending the entire 3-day weekend cleaning and doing yardwork in prepartation. That's actually a good thing because without a reason, I'd never do it at all.
    Count your blessings!

rt1ky-great news on the moving front!!

Gut-my thoughts are with you next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I hear that on the horizon things like this are going to be digitalized and able to send by computer, but right now we're talking about ginormous films. My good news is that a week from now I will be surrounded by family from Ohio and Chicago to celebrate my son's high school graduation. The downside? I am spending the entire 3-day weekend cleaning and doing yardwork in prepartation. That's actually a good thing because without a reason, I'd never do it at all.

That sounds fun. Congrats to your son. I'm with you on the cleaning. The only reason my house is getting scrubbed is that I have a couple of friends passing through town for a night and I told them they could stay here to save on motels.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

3 day weekend. Sat. I had my Little Sister and belated birthday cake. Then since I really can't get motivated to start a project in the afternoon, we rented a movie and kicked back. Yesterday I got up wicked early and started cleaning. I got the upstairs (kids') tv room cleaned out and went into no-man's-land (my son's room) to treasure hunt for dirty dishes and towels. When my son got home (stayed at a friend's) he objected and I told him he needed to clean his room. I went back later and everything was JAMMED in his closet. ha. He's 18. I moved all my daughter's flowered purse business (blank purses, silk flowers, glue gun/sticks, finished purses) up to their tv room after moving some metal shelving from the barn up there. That had been all over the living room, so that was a lot of mess cleaned up right there. I spent mucho time cleaning around my son's recliner (love him to death, but will be relieved to see him college bound in 3 months.) I kinda ran out of steam then, but managed to vacuum what I could get to and then did the booty-scoot with a clothes brush trying to get dog hair up off the carpet. I'm ready to go again today - porch, kitchen, bathroom.
    Count your blessings!

Have fun with your family, Gut.
    I have guests here now. My grandson graduated on Saturday. I dread him going off to college, but he is anxious to get on with his life. I will mss him terribly.

This is a few days old now but I thought I'd post about it anyway...I'm in college and I just found out my GPA for the semester and I got 3.67, which was good enough for the Deans List. I'm so happy when my hard work pays off!

I hope everyone is having fun with their families and congrats to everyone's family members that are graduating!

+ Reply to Thread