+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    I am very excited because I found out that I am going to be a first time aunt.
    My sister is pregnant with twins and I am so happy for her.
    Auntie Yardgnome That sounds good! Congratulations. I have twin great-nephews and it's a blast! (That sounds weird.. anyway they are my nephew's sons)

karna68 - Congrats to you too on the new job!

Congratulations on sticking it out and even beating your goal, ACF. You must be so proud of yourself.

Karna68, congratulations to you for getting a job you love and with people you love! That's wonderful.

Gut, congrats on your festival. It sounds like a lot of hard work, but so worthwhile.

Yardgnome, an auntie of twins, how awesome! Those kids are so lucky to have you as their aunt, and you must be so excited. I've absolutely loved being an aunt, and some of my nieces and nephews are now having children of their own. As a matter of fact, I went to a Girl's Tea on Saturday hosted by my 5 y.o. grand-niece, and it was so much fun. In attendance were my m-i-l, my sisters-in-law, and my 22 y.o. niece who will be graduating from college in two weeks, and our special little grand-niece and her mommy. The little one is adorable, and drew little hearts on post-its for us to wear, that I've already tucked away in my jewelry box as a remembrance.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    As a matter of fact, I went to a Girl's Tea on Saturday hosted by my 5 y.o. grand-niece, and it was so much fun. In attendance were my m-i-l, my sisters-in-law, and my 22 y.o. niece who will be graduating from college in two weeks, and our special little grand-niece and her mommy. The little one is adorable, and drew little hearts on post-its for us to wear, that I've already tucked away in my jewelry box as a remembrance.
    That is the cutest thing!!!

Congrats on your good news everyone.

My good news is that last week we finally had new front doors installed on our triplex. Since we bought it 2 years ago, it had solid white doors and an ugly brown screen door. It was always dark in our entrance and hallway. Now, we have nice doors with 3/4 glass that let in lots and lots of sunshine. I love them.

MRD
    Our good news: IT"S RAINING!!!!!!!
    We've gone 90 days without rain. It's been horrible. The grass in my yard is brown and crunchy. We are under mandatory watering restrictions and there have been horrible wildfires (we got stuck on the interstate yesterday while they closed down the road due to a wildfire on both sides of the interstate and they evacuated neighborhoods. We were rerouted, but had to turn around and head North in the southbound lanes and get off into the worst traffic nightmare on the side streets. Took us 2 HOURS to go 3 miles.)

But today??? It's pouring and will continue most of the day. NOt that it will do much to replenish the aquifer which has dropped, but at least everything will get a good soaking and the wildfires in Tampa and on the East coast of Florida should get drenched. And hopefully my yard will turn green again.

But its raining. I never thought I'd be so happy about that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mr Nerd and I have been househunting for a few years now. But with a limited budget, no savings, and marginal credit our search has been turned up less than stellar results.

We found a house about 10 miles outside of town that was in our payment range and seemed to offer about what we need. So this morning we took his parents to look at it because they will be co-signing anything we do since Hubby has little to no established credit. (if only we had known years ago that getting by on budgeting and good common sense is bad for your credit) So, the house was cute but the foundation is all rotted away. Fixable... but a setback.

Here's where it get's good. Husbands father confessed to him this afternoon, that there was a college savings set up for him years ago and forgotten about. Because Hubby went into the family business and not to college, the account is still sitting there "for just such an occasion" There is over $27,000 in it that we can use as a downpayment on a nicer, and closer to work house! I am so emotional right now.

This afternoon we are going to look a big amazing house about half the distance away as the other one, and on the water too!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Closetnerd, I am so excited for you!! I bet you're just cartwheeling all over the place!!

myrosiedog, good luck in getting enough rain for a good soaking!

Congrats to everyone's good news!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Mr Nerd and I have been househunting for a few years now. But with a limited budget, no savings, and marginal credit our search has been turned up less than stellar results.

We found a house about 10 miles outside of town that was in our payment range and seemed to offer about what we need. So this morning we took his parents to look at it because they will be co-signing anything we do since Hubby has little to no established credit. (if only we had known years ago that getting by on budgeting and good common sense is bad for your credit) So, the house was cute but the foundation is all rotted away. Fixable... but a setback.

Here's where it get's good. Husbands father confessed to him this afternoon, that there was a college savings set up for him years ago and forgotten about. Because Hubby went into the family business and not to college, the account is still sitting there "for just such an occasion" There is over $27,000 in it that we can use as a downpayment on a nicer, and closer to work house! I am so emotional right now.

This afternoon we are going to look a big amazing house about half the distance away as the other one, and on the water too!
    That's great news.... but I have to wonder....who "forgets" a college account of that size? Doesn't it come up every income tax time? Maybe your pa-in-law is just now thinking it is safe to reveal it? Well, sorry... don't mean to rain on your parade (unless you live near myrosiedog! )--am really glad you are getting a good place!

hahaha forgotten is just a term in that family.
    and don't get me started about his family forgetting stuff at Tax time that's a whooooole different thread!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Congrats everyone on their recent good news!

ClosetNerd: How wonderful to have such a nice $ surprise! I hope you find a great home. Stay away from unstable foundations. Really. And those underneath houses too!
    --------
    My good news is that my sweetie has two gigs here next week, so he's coming up early to visit with me over the weekend! . I hope the nice weather holds up, so his drive is safe. That highway can get nasty sometimes.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Congrats on the found money for the house Closetnerd
    And Miss Kitty, I know you are happy your sweetie is coming to town.

Well I am happy that my husband sold his truck yesterday. We gave my mom's old car that I drove for 5 years to my brother recently as I got a new car in December. Now that hubby has a company vehicle, he doesn't need his gas sucking truck, so its now GONE!!! 2 down, one more to go. We have a 1986 Mustang Convertible that has been sitting in the side yard for 2 years. He was going to fix it and hasn't touched it. He assures me it will be the next one to go. As we are moving 2 states away in July, I am trying to get rid of junk. He also sold some ladders and other tools he doesn' need anymore since he quit doing aluminum pool cages, so stuff is moving out of here. Next on my list before we move: living room and dining room furniture and washer/dryer. All need to be replaced anyway and I'd rather not move them, we'll just get something up there. I actually have an antique dining room set in storage, so won't need to replace that. But we hear that High Point, NC is THE place to go to get furniture and hopefully we can find a living room set I like for a good price.

Really I am at the point where I just want to sell it ALL so I don't have to pack.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread