+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree652Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    I have this favorite pair of green (chartruese almost) linen pants that have Margarita glassess embroirdered all over them with little umbrellas in the glasses. They are so summery and light and today I was able to wear them for the first time in almost 2 years. I was SOOOOOO excited. They fit again!

Sometimes it is the little things that make me the happiest.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have this favorite pair of green (chartruese almost) linen pants that have Margarita glassess embroirdered all over them with little umbrellas in the glasses. They are so summery and light and today I was able to wear them for the first time in almost 2 years. I was SOOOOOO excited. They fit again!

Sometimes it is the little things that make me the happiest.
    Good for you, myrosiedog. Having been a lot heavier than I am now, I can relate 100%. I remember the day I was able to fit into my boyfriend's jeans (he's really skinny and wears a 30 inch waist) for the first time. I was so happy I cried. You're right, it really is the little things that make you the happiest sometimes. Like fitting into an old fair of pants. It really is an amazing feeling, and I don't think that someone who's never struggled with their weight can relate.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Are you resisting the temptation to go nyah nyah nyah?
    Heh...been rubbing their faces in it a little. But Friday - all bets are off.
    One co-worker in particular is extremely jealous and keeps snarking at me about how lucky I am. Yeah, that's it. I am lucky to get a job. It feels good to snap back, well how many headhunters have called you?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Good for you, myrosiedog. Having been a lot heavier than I am now, I can relate 100%. I remember the day I was able to fit into my boyfriend's jeans (he's really skinny and wears a 30 inch waist) for the first time. I was so happy I cried. You're right, it really is the little things that make you the happiest sometimes. Like fitting into an old fair of pants. It really is an amazing feeling, and I don't think that someone who's never struggled with their weight can relate.

GTG-30 inch waist? Now WHAT the heck is THAT????
    I don't think I've seen a 30 inch waist since kindergarten!!!!!

Good for you tho. I will never be able to wear my husband's jeans. He's got much shorter legs than I do, so they will be high waters on me if I ever get to his size which if he's not careful is going up as mine goes down.
    We play the move the car seat back and forth because of his short legs. I can't stand it. I hate to have my seat and mirrors messed up.

Congrats Geekthegirl, myrosiedog, AnaBanana, Gracie, Callie, and all on all your good news! I haven't had any for awhile.

Today I got my income tax done and mailed. And I get a refund so no penalties! Whew. Big load off my mind. Mr. Tootles even helped by laying on all the papers, clicking the buttons on the calculator, and messing up all the enclosures so I would make sure they were all there

nilesgirl: Thanks for the CAT info. Didn't know about it. Funny thing. I just had lunch with an ex-boyfriend who has been living in Halifax for many years now. He hasn't changed. Which means, I really did dodge a bullet! Nice to have seen him and nice to have seen him go too!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post

Today I got my income tax done and mailed. And I get a refund so no penalties! Whew. Big load off my mind. Mr. Tootles even helped by laying on all the papers, clicking the buttons on the calculator, and messing up all the enclosures so I would make sure they were all there
    Too bad you can't claim him as a dependent and get some more money back!

I went to dreaded WAl-Hell today and my girlfriend spent $150 on stuff for the "free" kitten her daughter is getting today. We had so much crap in our cart, we had to get another one. We had a 7 foot "cat tree", the mucho expensive, super deluxe kitty litter box that empties itself. Super expensive, odor control, clumping kitty litter, food, treats, toys, collar.

I just called over there and "Mits" is laying on the back of the sofa, has not been near the tree, litter box or food yet. And the stupid dog (he is, he can't help it. They can't all be smart dogs. He's just a little more "challenged" than most) they have is scared to DEATH of the 8 week old kitten. He's never seen a cat before and he is terrified according to my friend. The dog is the fattest Jack Russell Terrier I have ever seen. My husband calls him a sausage. He's about 28 pounds and the kitten is maybe, what 2 pounds? And he's scared of it. Sounded hysterical.

My good news: I DO NOT have a new kitten.

Not that I don't like cats, but I have enough in my life without a new anything at the moment and unfortunately I am highly allergic to cats, so I can't even touch one without breaking into hives. I must admire from afar.
    I told my girlfriend that her new addition means I can't come over anymore. (hmm, maybe she's sending a message??? )

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Too bad you can't claim him as a dependent and get some more money back!
    Trust me, I've thought of that!

...I am highly allergic to cats, so I can't even touch one without breaking into hives. I must admire from afar. I told my girlfriend that her new addition means I can't come over anymore.
    I'm sure she still wuvs you myrosiedog. My sinister was allergic to my first cat. But she can actually sleep with my two current kitties. It has to do with their saliva. You may actually be allergic to that instead of the actually kitty itself. Because cats groom themselves, you would pick up on it just by touching the cat and then yourself even once. But I've had hives from an allergy to something else, so I can sympathize with your lack of desire to see her new little baby. It was nice of you to help her gather up kitty things at the store!

I'm not surprised her puppy is scared though. Even my Gracie was scared of Tootles as a kitten and they were BOTH cats!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I am very excited because I found out that I am going to be a first time aunt.
    My sister is pregnant with twins and I am so happy for her.

That's great news, Yardgnome! You'll be getting all the fun without all the work. (but you may get some of the work since she's having twins) When is she due?
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Yardgnome View Post
    I am very excited because I found out that I am going to be a first time aunt.
    My sister is pregnant with twins and I am so happy for her.
    Ooooh I can not even begin to tell you how happy I am. I love my twin nephews so much. You are going to have such a blast being an Auntie.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread