+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree631Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congratulations myrosiedog! Will you be wearing a bikini this summer?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Congratulations myrosiedog! Will you be wearing a bikini this summer?
    Wait: having a psychic moment here. Here comes the vision:

I predict NO bikini wearing in my future EVER!!!! I don't care how much weight I lose. I am not a bikini wearer. I'm not even a tankini wearer. THat stomach has to be totally covered at all times! In fact, if I could get a long sleeve, down to my knees swimsuit, I'd wear that, preferably one with lots of tummy control.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

More good news on my end. My best friend just got engaged and asked me last night to be her matron of honor. We've got lots of planning to do. Also, my husband is only 5 months away from getting his Bachelor's degree in Technical Project Management. Once he's done, we can take a real vacation. I'm trying to talk him into doing The Cat from Portland, ME to Nova Scotia since almost everyone in my mom's family is from NS.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Congrats everyone on all your good news!
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    I'm trying to talk him into doing The Cat from Portland, ME to Nova Scotia since almost everyone in my mom's family is from NS..
    What kind of Cat would that be? No really. I've never heard that expression.

My good news is that my Baba is out of the hospital and back into her nursing home. Now it's a long road of physio therapy to see if she can walk again.

And that I had a wonderful weekend with my sweetie. It snowed one morning so we stayed in and moved furniture around! I made a pie and it tasted great. It didn't look great, but it tasted great! His mom thought it was good She likes me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The Cat is a car ferry that departs from Maine and goes to Yarmouth and Halifax, NS (Nova Scotia)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Well, with how stressed I've been lately, and my relationship with my boyfriend in the gutter... I bought myself a present to cheer myself up. It's a matching bracelet to my necklace that I already have.

I'm so happy. I bought it through the catalogue on the phone, and the woman said it'll be here in 5 to 7 days!

MRD
    Nilesgirl and Miss Kitty, glad to hear all your good news.

Callie, I just got a new purse that i have been eyeing forever and it finally went on sale to a price I figured I could afford so I went for it. After being so thrifty for so long, it felt good to splurge a bit on something. Not as nice as yours, but it does have a silver tag to be engraved. I told them I was taking the purse and leaving the tag as it takes a week to get it engraved! I wanted that thing NOW! ANd I walked out of the store and immediately transferred everyone out of the old purse into the new one on the spot!
    Plus the purse will be a great asset on my upcoming trip as its a BIG one.

Your bracelet is very pretty. Retail therapy, can't beat it if you can afford
    it!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightSun View Post
    Glad to hear everybody's good news. I have 2 things...
    First, I work as a Speech Therapist for a school district. One of my student's parents sued the school district and so I was involved in the hearing back in February. It was terrifying - talk about self doubt. Well - we just received the verdict and we prevailed on all 9 counts!! Can you say Partay in the Chatay (all you bachelor fans know what I'm talkin about!).
    Second, I had my engagement ring (almost 15 years into my marriage) reset about 2 months ago by a jeweler friend of mine. When I got it back, it just wasn't me and I had a really hard time telling my friend. I finally did, on my husbands insistence and she re-did the ring. Well I just got the ring she designed to replace the one I didn't like and.... I LOVE IT!! Diamonds and a slam dunk court decision - a girl's best friends!

That's scary being involved in a lawsuit, but it's great that you prevailed! One can only imagine how draining that would be. Sorry, don't watch the Bachelor, but party on.

Excellent that you got your ring re-designed and love it (second attempt). That's kind of an awkward situation to be put in with your jeweler friend. She probably designed the first one for herself. Don't they say something about not doing business with friends--or is that just loaning them money?

Callie, that is one beautiful bracelet!

MidnightSun, congrats on the lawsuit and the new ring! I've been thinking of adding some baguettes to my wedding band. Sounds like I need a jeweler friend!

My good news is that my cousin and her husband arrive tomorrow from California. They'll be spending the next week with us and plan to look at houses while they're here.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Sounds like fun lildago, do you get to look at houses too? I love checking out houses. Makes me think of all the changes I want to make to mine!

+ Reply to Thread