+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

MRD
    Welcome back Gut, sounds like a great visit.

I've been meaning to tell you that I don't know how you do those early morning swims. I started swimming this week and when I get out of the pool, I feel like wet spagetti and want to go take a nap immediately. Swimming has always done this to me. But when I go for a brisk walk, I always feel so energized afterwards. But my doctor wants me to swim as its more of a whole body workout. But you swim before work. Me, I'd have to crawl back in bed for an hour nap before I could do anything else.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Swimming energizes me. When I first started swimming before work I would go in like Tom Cruise on love crack. I've settled down a little, but it does get me from zombie to teaching mode pretty fast. I'm worn out by the end of the day, though.
    Count your blessings!

Hmm...well, my boss just ordered new sewing machines, so the one my coworker screwed up is being replaced...and...that's it.

I have an interview for a teaching job this coming weekend

I am a little nervous, as I know this doesn't quite compare to other interview processes I have been through...liks say Del Taco

I am sure I will do fine though.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

JLuvs, good luck!

I have a few things!

My husband has been working on a second Masters degree for the past 1.5 years and he turned in his final project last night!! He needs to go through another program next year but it will be much easier on our schedule and then that's it, unless he does his PhD. However, that will have to wait because it's my turn. I have a measly 4.5 units to finish up two programs I have been working on simultaneously for the past several years but the last few classes I've needed always fell on the same nights that my husband had class. Now I get to finish those up and get into the program I have really wanted to pursue. I'm really excited to get back and take classes but not to pay the bills.

My other good news is the wedding we were going to later this year just got moved to Hawaii. I can't miss the wedding since it is a close family member so Aloha for the applesauce family!

I just signed my first teaching contract! It's a temporary position until the end of the school year. I started subbing in that classroom in mid-March, and then we found out that the teacher was going on leave for the remainder of the year. So, my contract will be back-dated for when I actually started subbing in that classroom, instead of being dated for when the school division decided to keep me in the position (just before Easter). After three years of subbing I didn't think I'd ever get a job. Even though it's just temporary, it gets my foot in the door!

Good luck on your interview, JLuvs!

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
    JLuvs, good luck!

My other good news is the wedding we were going to later this year just got moved to Hawaii. I can't miss the wedding since it is a close family member so Aloha for the applesauce family!
    I know it's hard, but you can do this for family; stay strong!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Good luck, JLuvs and Congrats, MeezerMom!

Aloha, apple! Way to take one for the team. And cool that you can start taking classes again! I plan to do the same again once my lil dagos are both in school.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Glad to hear everybody's good news. I have 2 things...
    First, I work as a Speech Therapist for a school district. One of my student's parents sued the school district and so I was involved in the hearing back in February. It was terrifying - talk about self doubt. Well - we just received the verdict and we prevailed on all 9 counts!! Can you say Partay in the Chatay (all you bachelor fans know what I'm talkin about!).
    Second, I had my engagement ring (almost 15 years into my marriage) reset about 2 months ago by a jeweler friend of mine. When I got it back, it just wasn't me and I had a really hard time telling my friend. I finally did, on my husbands insistence and she re-did the ring. Well I just got the ring she designed to replace the one I didn't like and.... I LOVE IT!! Diamonds and a slam dunk court decision - a girl's best friends!
    Last edited by MidnightSun; 04-29-2006 at 02:38 AM.

MRD
    7 1/2 weeks post surgery and I am down 50 pounds and my clothes are looser and down a size. Have all my bras cinched on the last set of closers. Hope that's not TMI.

Also hit another milestone as I got to move the scale weight thingy down another notch (I actually have a small doctors scale at home. Was my dad's). So the bottom weight got moved down today and THAT was even better than losing 50 pounds because now I am in another weight category!

I celebrated by having my nails done today. They look so good I'm afraid to type and mess them up.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread