+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree657Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Well enjoy your new found bachelorhood and youth John! Just make sure you keep the FORT when splitting your assets

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Great news, John. So glad it's finally resolved.
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Congratulations, John. I've been there and done that myself, in a previous life...and had a little divorce celebration myself. Enjoy the single life!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Congrats, John! I wish you all the best!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

I don't know anything about your situation John but if you're happy about it, then I'm happy about it!

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Well, it's definitely a happy moment, so I didn't feel right posting it in the relationship thread.

I got started dating at 18, got married at 21, divorced at 35, and I feel like I'm 18 again.
    You situation sounds a lot like my son's. His divorce has dragged on for a while now, and the little kid is not the reason. The ex wife just seems to be delaying things because she isn't sure any more. Well, he is sure, and that's what matters now. He just turned 36. So, here I am in my "golden years" helping to raise another child. I'll be eighty years old when he graduates. Guess I can forget any plans I had for an event filled retirement.

Sorry, this is supposed to be a good news thread, so I will add that I do have a lot of fun with the kid and enjoy teaching him so many things.
    Last edited by Muduh; 04-13-2006 at 07:59 PM.

Luckily, I had no children involved, so it SHOULD have been a much quicker thing than it was. I'm convinced my lawyer was just trying to slow things down so he could bill as much as possible, though.

Well, it's definitely a happy moment, so I didn't feel right posting it in the relationship thread.

I got started dating at 18, got married at 21, divorced at 35, and I feel like I'm 18 again.
    Congrats, John. Divorce is never easy, but I think anyone that's tried/is trying to get a divorce with kids involved envies you. Good luck on your future.

On a side note: What a funny subject for my 10,000th post.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

John I know exactly what you mean having done the same thing at about the same age as you.
    Star - 10,000 posts? It seems like yesterday when you wandered into Paradise Island.

Luckily, I had no children involved, so it SHOULD have been a much quicker thing than it was. I'm convinced my lawyer was just trying to slow things down so he could bill as much as possible, though.
    The kid isn't a problem since she doesn't want him very often.

Luckily, my son's attorney is very fair. She told him up front what the retainer would be and that she would let him know when more is needed. Now, months later, she has only used a few hundred dollars. Also, she gives a discount to people in public service positions. We just want it all over. He's married, but really not, you know?

+ Reply to Thread