+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congratulations sleepysluggo! Hope it's truly blissful from now on!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    I've been on high blood pressure meds for years. I went to the dr. yesterday and was down 40 pounds (I think I posted that. Don't know, I have CRS disease).
    And my blood pressure was 102/65. They said: GET OFF THE BLOOD PRESSURE MEDS IMMEDIATELY! They asked me: do you get dizzy and I said only when I am laying down for some reason. Well duh, its because my blood pressure was too low.

So I am happy that I am off them. But then again, they were my cheapest perscription. Of course, it couldn't be the $150 a month one, but the $21 a month one that I get taken off of.

Still that means one less pill to take and now I can say honestly that I am healthy as other than depression and fibromyalgia, I don't have any other HUGE medical problems. None that are going to kill me anyway.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Wow, myrosiedog, guess weight loss really works, just like they are always telling us! Why is it I believe you more than my doctor?
    Congratulations on the BP and the 40lbs... want to share your secrets or are you writing a weight loss book?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Wow, myrosiedog, guess weight loss really works, just like they are always telling us! Why is it I believe you more than my doctor?
    Congratulations on the BP and the 40lbs... want to share your secrets or are you writing a weight loss book?
    My surgery I recently had was surgery to correct botched weight loss surgery from a few years ago. Seems the first surgery left me very ill and needed to be fixed. So now that I have had it corrected, I eat 2.5 oz of food 4 times per day and so therefore you tend to lose 40 pounds in 5 weeks.

No book, who wants or needs another weight loss book? We all know how to do it by now, its just a matter of doing it. Even the WLS (weight loss surgery) comes with an eating plan. So its not just a quick fix. You have to work at this. But it helps that you can't eat but a few bites. However, if those few bites are potato chips with ranch dip, you aren't going to be losing weight even if you can't eat but 6 chips! So I still have to follow a plan and its no carbs, starches or sugar. Protien and veggies, fruit and yogurt only for right now.

LUnch was a delicious piece of Boar's head roast beef (thin sliced) on a boston lettuce leaf with some onion and chive lite cream cheese smeared on it and rolled up. Actually pretty good and I couldn't eat the whole thing, so I have a snack for later.

But I have to get this weight off. And I have to feel better. I spent 2 years of my life sick as a dog and found out in August it was because the first surgery was not done correctly and the symptoms I had were actually from malabsorption and malnutrition. But because they manifest as other things it took 2 years of many doctors before someone said: Have you ruled out your gastric surgery and sure enough that was it. I was told for 2 years I had either lupus or MS because of the neurological problems I was having which stemmed from not getting enough B vitamins because of the malabsorption.

And I also had fibromyalgia. So the doctors were trying to fit all the symptoms under one diagnosis when in fact it was 2 differnet things and now I have both reasonably under control and I have my life back!

Sorry so long winded. I seem to be very verbose today.

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    Rosie- Congrats on your recovery!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Hey everyone, I have GREAT news to report today. I'm FINALLY divorced!

The stupid thing kept dragging out - it was supposed to be done in January, and blah blah blah.... but finally, it's DONE.

I'm going out to celebrate this evening.

MRD
    Congrats! LOVE your new avatar. Hmm, wonder if it has anything to do with your final divorce!

I'll celebrate with you with my protien shake. Can't drink anymore. which sucks as I always enjoyed a good margarita.

I had a good laugh over your avatar John. Congrats on the divorce (although it feels weird to congratulate you on what is usually not a happy moment)!

Well, it's definitely a happy moment, so I didn't feel right posting it in the relationship thread.

I got started dating at 18, got married at 21, divorced at 35, and I feel like I'm 18 again.

MRD
    Good for you! I'd love to feel 18 again! Enjoy it! But be careful not only are there weirdos out there, but those weirdos and some of the not weirdos, hmmm, how do I put this???? Well let's just say: wrap the package!

(I worked for a GYN and we saw lots of not so nice things that happen to people having not "wrapped the package")

Have fun and enjoy yourself. Sounds like you have a great attitude about it all.

+ Reply to Thread