+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 835 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124524 ... LastLast
Like Tree786Likes

Thread: Share your good news

Congrats on your win Pinkie

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood
    Same here. I didn't get the job, either. I look at it like there is another job out there for me. It is in God's hands. I will just keep looking.

That is great news, Clipse. Good for you.

Dag.. That is a good way to look at things. God knows what is right for us. I always think of it like this, when He closes one door, he usually opens another door. One that will be better for us. Good luck with your job search! Great news Clipse

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Congrats Pinkie. I'm a sports junkie too and I know that feels exhilarating.

Clipse, good luck.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Goodluck Clipse, let us know what happens when you hear the official word. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Of all the zoos, circuses and sanctuaries in the United States, the USDA selected The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee as the permanent home for Lota and Misty; both diagnosed as suffering from the human strain of tuberculosis. In mid-July the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency issued an import permit for Lota and Misty, but the Tennessee State Veterinarian, Dr. Ron Wilson, voiced his concern regarding the elephants’ health. Dr. Wilson spent the next three months preparing a report listing his concerns that Lota and Misty posed a threat to wildlife and the beef cattle industry in the state. Once the report was released by the Department of Agriculture, the TWRA issued the import permit to allow Lota and Misty into the state. These elephants will require special facilities separate from other elephants for the duration of their nine-month treatments. A state-of-the-art quarantine barn has been prepared for their arrival. In an effort to rescue all 16 Hawthorn elephants, the Sanctuary has established a world class health and welfare program. Thanks to a successful fundraising effort which generated $1,500,000 followed by a generous matching grant of $1,500,000, the Sanctuary is able to construct two new barns and hopefully rescue all 16 Hawthorn elephants. The health and welfare program would keep these 16 elephants together and through non-invasive research, benefit many captive elephants around the world. The Elephant Sanctuary in Hohenwald, Tennessee, is the nation's only natural-habitat refuge developed specifically to meet the needs of endangered elephants. It is a non-profit organization, licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, designed specifically for old, sick or needy elephants that have been retired from zoos and circuses. Utilizing more than 2700 acres, it provides two separate and protected, natural habitat environments for Asian and African elephants. To learn more about the Sanctuary or to make a donation to help rescue Lota and the Hawthorn elephants please visit their web site at www.elephants.com or call 931-796-6500 ext. 26.

We are just over the moon at the extra money. One sad note, one of the herd, named Tess, passed away. It is so important that the USDA get off their collective butts and send the rest of these girls to sanctuary before any more die.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

I wanted to share that since my old boss is retiring at the end of the year, I will have my job with the person who is buying the business. I am so thrilled! I realize that no one will be as good to me as my old boss, but this one seems to have ethics and morals. That's so important. AND, I did have a great time with my three sons all being home at the same time. There were no arguments or bad times-just us being ourselves! I only hope it won't be 5 more years til it happens again!

That's great news, famita! I know you were worried about what was going to happen after your boss retired. I'm happy to hear that you will still have your job and that your new boss appears to be a good person so far. You're right - good ethics and values are so important in the work place.

famita, I'm so happy for you, too. Wow, Charlie, you said everything so well, all I need to do is say .
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I"m real excited about starting school next Tuesday! My time on here will be limited, but I will try to check the Fort out as much as possible. I will be starting classes in surgical technology. I'm anxious, yet kind of nervous about going back to school after being out so long..but this has been a lifelong dream of mine. *fingers crossed*
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002
    I"m real excited about starting school next Tuesday! My time on here will be limited, but I will try to check the Fort out as much as possible. I will be starting classes in surgical technology. I'm anxious, yet kind of nervous about going back to school after being out so long..but this has been a lifelong dream of mine. *fingers crossed*
    Good luck with your classes! Bet you will do just great.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread